Vice President Data
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a world leader in e-commerce payment processing, risk management and security capabilities. CyberSource offers the only integrated payment management platform built on secure Visa infrastructure—with the payment reach and fraud insights of a massive $441B+ global processing network—CyberSource solutions power over 480,000 businesses to grow sales, mitigate risk, and operate with greater agility. CyberSource solutions support some of the largest multi-national and global enterprise merchants including 13 of 25 largest airlines and 2 of the 4 leading global hotel chains.
The VP of Data is responsible for the CyberSource data strategy including data definitions & associations, source systems and connectivity strategy, working with clients and partners to define business needs and opportunities for data driven solutions. The VP of Data will be responsible for the development of business intelligence strategies, policies, and overseeing the implementation of data initiatives. He/She is responsible collaborating with senior business leaders to define and drive strategic data analytics and BI initiatives.
Demonstrated commercial acumen is essential. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build great relationships, generate consensus and promote excitement and enthusiasm for business intelligence initiatives are critical qualities for success. He/She must have be capable of partnering deeply with product management, product development and technology leaders to deliver breakthrough results in launching new products and evangelizing new solutions in the marketplace.
• Define data and analytics strategy for Visa Merchant Digital Products portfolio
• Lead identification, definition and launch of new data, analytics and artificial intelligence products from concept to commercialization
• Drive definition of data platform strategy that supports unification of Visa merchant and acquirer product portfolio
• Lead collaboration with pioneering merchants, acquirers and technology partners on development of data driven business insights
• Partner with business leaders on segmentation analysis initiatives and lead definition of unified data model
• Define and implement business line management information strategy including product instrumentation and financial & operational metrics
• Champion data product vision and strategy internally and externally. Evangelize and commercialize data products
• Facilitate cross functional collaboration to synthesize merchant and acquirer client solutions requirements and alignment with product investment plan
• Collaborate with CyberSource and Visa colleagues on cross business line product initiatives and opportunities
• A highly analytical and structured leader with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to inspire and align a community of business analyst, product managers, data scientist, engineers, data analysts, statisticians and system architects
• Experience developing and detailing market requirements, building commercialization plans, and leading teams to deliver on a vision for data driven software based solutions and services.
• Customer-centric mindset with a history of delivering revenue generating solutions at scale
• Experience in leading teams in application of statistical solutions to business problems
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; demonstrated effective listening and questioning skills and is comfortable dealing with all levels in the organization.
• Applied experience in design-thinking and agile methodologies
• Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, management sciences, economics, engineering, computer science or similar discipline
• Knowledge of Acquirer or Technology/Commerce platform business model, technology platforms and system requirements a strong advantage
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.