Staff Systems Reliability Engineer (REF5415A) – Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Role is part of an exciting adventure in the world of digital payments. You will be part of the journey developing platform engineering and operations for leading Visa products. The desired candidate will be deploying, administering and improving infrastructure automation and infrastructure. The main functions will center around designing and building moderate to complex infrastructure, operational processes, and infrastructure automation, improving development and operational capabilities, including: disaster recovery, high systems availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc. You should be passionate about DevOps, introduce best practices and innovate.
• Administration of Web Servers, Application Servers and Servlet Containers
• Setting up and leading the Automation efforts for multiple projects.
• Engaging directly with stakeholders and assist in deployment, administration and improvements within the Agile process.
• Work with development teams to define requirements, roll out new features and debug issues in a production environment.
• Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
• Troubleshoot both infrastructure and infrastructure automation issues
• Setting up and leading the Automation efforts for multiple products.
• Develop key initiatives to drive automation, improvise releases, reduce error-rates and increase availability
• Ensure highly scalable environment and monitor as well as troubleshoot pertinent issues.
• Work towards developing capacity model and high-performance environment
• Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities.
• Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, building core frameworks and implement best practices
• 5+ years of Experience in operation system internals (Linux, Unix)
• Experience managing large scale production systems
• Passion for troubleshooting, hardening systems and automating repetitive tasks
• Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
• Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Development or scripting experience such as Java, Python
• Java, JVM performance and SQL experience is preferred
• Experience with monitoring and provisioning tools
• Experience in Web/Cloud based technologies (API, Java, ReactJS etc.)
• Experience in database design and development
• Ability to interact independently as well as with a team
• Self-motivated and passionate individual looking to make a difference
• Experience ins Distributed data stores such as Cassandra, Hbase, Mongo etc.
• Hadoop infrastructures, including HDFS, MR and Streaming technologies such as Spark
• Experience in Messaging buses / queues- such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ etc. and event driven architectures is desirable
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.