Sr. SW Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Corporate Information Technology (CIT) organization provides support for Finance, Revenue, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management and Corporate Risk applications for Visa. This includes managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions.
The candidate will work in Revenue & Pricing Systems DevOps team, designing, configuring and testing applications and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business functions. The ideal candidate will bring experience in requirement gathering, functional configurations, system and data analysis; and testing of large volume financial systems. The candidate will play a major role advancing the user
experience of Operating Certificates by creating new graphical interfaces. Ease-of-use is a primary focus, and primary responsibilities will be to
- Design, Code, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
- 3+ years or more of relevant experience in application development and Support (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design).
- Strong knowledge and development experience on Client MVC frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Mustache/handlebar template library. Experience working on Node.js and Express will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge and working experience on JAVA programming. Should have good understanding of Collection API, Concurrency and Thread programming and JDBC API.
- Strong knowledge and web development experience using MVC frameworks like Spring frameworks and Apache Camel. Experience working on ORM frameworks like Hibernate will be an added advantage.
- Strong RESTFul and SOAP API development
- Hands on experience working in build automation and testing tools Jenkins, JUnit/Mockito/Powermock.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in leading application servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Database systems, and sound knowledge on PL/SQL. Experience working on MongoDB will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in using Agile methodologies. Has sound knowledge on Agile model, DevOps working model. Prior working experience working on tools like Jira, Rally will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones.
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, use-case and user interface prototyping.
- Exposure to Billing & Revenue systems is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or equivalent.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.