Vice President, US Retail Merchants
- San Francisco, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Vice President, US Retail Merchants, Merchant Sales and Solutions, is responsible for developing and
executing sales strategies for US retail merchants. This position is responsible
for leading a sales team to sell Visa acceptance, products and service
offerings into targeted merchants and negotiating contractual arrangements
within the retail industry vertical. The position will work closely with
internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained
business relationships reporting to the Head of Established Merchants Sales for
The preferred location is either San Francisco or New York.
This role is responsible for managing top client relationships in the retail industry
vertical and leading and developing the sales team to execute account
strategies to deepen merchant engagement, increase revenues and win new business.
This role is responsible for achieving annual goals.
- Lead the development and execution of
- Customized account plans to increase
sales volume and market share and revenue generating opportunities as
- Expanding existing
relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa acceptance,
products and services
- Utilizing consultative sales approach to
craft a sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives
- Preparation of proposals and negotiate
contractual relationships with merchants / processors for accepting an deploying Visa products and services
talent by collaboratively craft and execute individual development plans
for each team member.
- Continuously review clients and industry landscape and
recommend, help develop and implement new and creative approaches to
growing the Visa business
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy
- Ensure achievement of annual goals and plans for a sales
- Work closely with Product Management, Interchange,
Compliance and other functions to understand all aspects of acceptance and
products being sold to clients and determine sales messages
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the
client and the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the customer's business
including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal
projects as assigned
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Typically requires a minimum of 15+ years business
experience with 5 years sales and relationship management
- Card Payment experience with a clear understanding of the
acceptance costs associated with all forms of payment
- Deep knowledge of the card transaction process and
experience selling to Merchants and Processors
- Successful track record of selling to senior leaders at
Fortune 500 companies
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing
a complex, competitive sales effort
- Superior analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with
efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in establishing clear direction and motivating teams to achieve results.
- Ability to identify key decision makers and create and
deliver effective presentations to all audiences up to the executive
- Exceptional ability to coordinate internal and external
resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.