Systems Reliability Engineer (REF5688O) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
This role is part of an exciting adventure in the world of digital payments. You will be part of the journey developing platform engineering and operations for leading Visa products. The desired candidate will be deploying, administering and improving infrastructure automation. The main functions will center around designing and building moderate to complex infrastructure, operational processes, and infrastructure automation, improving development and operational capabilities including: disaster recovery, high systems availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc. You should be passionate about DevOps, introduce best practices and innovate.
- Administration of Web Servers, Application Servers and Servlet Containers
- Setting up and leading the Automation efforts for multiple projects.
- Engaging directly with stakeholders and assist in deployment, administration and improvements within the Agile process.
- Work with development teams to define requirements, roll out new features and debug issues in a production environment.
- Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
- Troubleshoot both infrastructure and infrastructure automation issues
- Setting up and leading the Automation efforts for multiple products.
- Develop key initiatives to drive automation, improvise releases, reduce error-rates and increase availability
- Ensure highly scalable environment and monitor as well as troubleshoot pertinent issues.
- Work towards developing capacity model and high-performance environment
- 5+ years of Experience in operation system internals (Linux, Unix)
- Hadoop infrastructures, including HDFS, MR and Streaming technologies such as Spark
- Experience in Distributed data stores such as Cassandra, Hbase, Mongo etc.
- Experience in Messaging buses / queues- such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ etc. and event driven architectures is desirable
- Experience managing large scale production systems
- Passion for troubleshooting, hardening systems and automating repetitive tasks
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Development or scripting experience such as Java, Python
- Java, JVM performance and SQL experience is preferred
- Experience with monitoring and provisioning tools
- Experience in Web/Cloud based technologies (API, Java, ReactJS etc.)
- Experience in database design and development
- Ability to interact independently as well as with a team
- Self-motivated and passionate individual looking to make a difference
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
Technical Skills in Dockers & Containers is a plus.