Manager, North America Communications
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit
products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over
The Manager, North America Communications is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of all external, internal and client communications for the North America region. This individual will collaborate with other members of the North America and Global Corporate Communications team to support the corporation’s growth objectives, increase Visa’s visibility and enhance the company’s image/reputation with business, technology and industry trade press and key stakeholders including financial institutions, merchants and employees. The Manager will execute a range of activities including: proactive and reactive media relations; support of product, innovation, marketing and CSR initiatives, client communications creation and distribution; internal employee communications; and the creation of executive briefing materials and core communications documents such as press releases, talking points and FAQs.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify new and better ways to elevate the North America Communications function. This role needs to operate in a matrixed and time pressured environment and be able to respond to quick turnarounds and output. The position will report directly into the Head of North America Communications.
- Develop client-facing content (written, video, social) including talking points, FAQs, executive letters, case studies, blog posts, website content, and infographics in partnership with Director, North America Communications.
- Ensure key announcements and business issues are communicated to clients and the sales team effectively and in a timely manner through close partnership with communications teams across product / innovation, public affairs / issues management, employee as well as legal, government relations, corporate philanthropy and client delivery and operations teams.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with sales and client support team partners; serve as a key source of information and corporate communications liaison for sales and client services teams.
- Manage distribution and logistics for client communications including managing email box and distribution lists and arranging conference calls and webinars.
- Develop and execute North America-specific external communications programs in support of Visa’s products and services to influence the behavior of Visa’s clients - financial institutions and their cardholders, merchants and employees.
- Liaison with global colleagues to ensure North America is represented in broader communications, including client, partner, product, innovation and marketing PR efforts through proactive and reactive media and analyst relations activities, executive visibility support, and development/execution of programs to raise awareness and drive usage of Visa’s products.
- Work with Director of Internal Communications to develop, implement and manage integrated internal communication programs in order to engage, align and motivate employees toward
high performance and delivery of Visa's business goals. Write internal communications; briefing materials; assist in on the ground support for internal events and logistics.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate relations/communications or related field.
- Proven ability to effectively draft, edit present and proofread communications materials - news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents.
- Experience in working with media and a solid understanding of what makes compelling content
for print and broadcast media coverage.
- Experience blending traditional communications tactics with social media.
- Experience in developing strategic employee communications planning and delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Client service orientation that seeks to efficiently and effectively deliver quality results.
Skills will include: analysis, planning, prioritization and direction setting.
- Experience in multi-faceted program/project management, decision-making, and driving results in cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams.
- Diplomatic skills needed to drive results in a consensus-oriented environment.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
- Experience managing business issues and navigating/synthesizing various viewpoints.
- Sense of humor and strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.