Senior Director, Head of Corporate Communications Thailand and Myanmar
- Bangkok, Thailand
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director, Head of Corporate Communications Thailand and Myanmar, is a full-time role focused on enhancing Visa’s reputation across these important markets in Southeast Asia. The role will work closely with the Thailand and Myanmar Country Managers to develop communication strategies that support business objectives and drive growth. The role will also be responsible for working with key cross functional colleagues including Client Relationship Managers, Marketing, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Product and Government Relations, to ensure the Corporate Communications function supports the objectives of the wider business units.
The role will be based in Bangkok and reports to the Head of Corporate Communications Southeast Asia, and will manage in market agency support in Thailand and Myanmar to deliver effective communication programs across the markets.
The role is part of Visa’s Global Corporate Communications group, which oversees all corporate communications functions at Visa Inc., including media relations, industry analyst relations, public affairs and issues management. It develops and oversees communication programs that support Visa Inc.'s brand, marketing, product, and technology strategies and also supports executive and employee communication, and digital communication strategies.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Communications Southeast Asia to develop communication strategies that support Visa’s business objectives and drive growth across the markets
- Develop communication programs that demonstrate the value of Visa to everyone, everywhere across Thailand and Myanmar
- Develop key messages that communicate the attributes of trust, choice and growth of Visa as a business and an organization
- Drive Visa’s Financial Literacy programs across the markets
- Lead all aspects of Visa’s media relations programs across Thailand and Myanmar including:
- Developing the strategy and managing the execution of all media engagement
- Identifying and maximizing opportunities to enhance Visa’s profile in the media
- Developing content to promote Visa’s brand, technical and industry leadership, new products and services
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with journalists across general, business, lifestyle and technology media
- Ensuring spokespeople are well briefed and trained to deliver key messages
- Ensuring Visa’s senior management are seen as trusted authorities by the local media
- Creating opportunities for the Thailand and Myanmar Country Managers and other key management to obtain high, positive profile in broadcast and print media.
- Provide executive communication support to the Thailand and Myanmar Country Managers across variety of internal, external, client, and media communications opportunities
- Integrated Marketing Communications·
Work closely with the Thailand and Myanmar Marketing functions to ensure corporate communication and marketing programs are aligned and a coordinated approach is being taken to leverage Visa’s assets across the markets
- Lead and manage in market agency support to successfully deliver communication programs across the markets
- Lead the development and delivery of informative and engaging internal communications activities including employee communications programs and staff volunteering events
- Work with the Government Relations function to support Visa’s public policy position across Thailand and Myanmar
- Work with the regional client communications lead to support the business to communicate with all relevant levels of management within client organizations
- Develop local activities to leverage global and regional sponsorships
- Lead the business in identification, preparation and response to any reputational issues
- Support the strategy around Visa’s presence across social media channels
- Develop content for use across Visa’s social channels
Key Performance Indicators will be developed with the successful candidate including but not limited to:
Maintaining a strong presence for Visa across both traditional and social media channels
Developing content to enhance Visa’s profile and to communicate the benefits of Visa’s products and services to media, consumers, clients, governments, NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
Forging mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders relevant to Visa’s business
Effective time and budget management.
Reports to Head of Corporate Communications Southeast Asia
Works closely with the Thailand and Myanmar Country Managers and cross-functional colleagues
All Thailand and Myanmar communication vendors, including the PR agencies, will report directly to the jobholder
First degree with minimum 15 years’ Public Relations experience working in a relevant corporation or Public Relations consultancy
Strong network of local and international media contacts
Banking and/or technology experience
Strategic communications planning
Superior interpersonal and presentation skills
Outstanding speaking and writing abilities in Thai and English. Burmese language skills desired but not required
- Expertise in social media and digital communication channels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.