Sr. Sourcing Analyst – Marketing Sourcing (Foster City, CA)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The primary purpose of this position is to: Lead strategic sourcing initiatives for marketing services (e.g., agency fees, marketing technology, market research and promotions). Assist Marketing Category Lead in driving global priorities to achieve optimal total cost of ownershipResponsibilities:
- Support Marketing in the sourcing, supplier evaluation, proposal analysis, negotiation and contract management (Procure-to-Pay) process.
- Collaborate with other Category Managers and internal customers to develop and execute category strategies.
- Understanding Marketing’s requirement, identify, select and lead suppliers who have the capacity and capability to meet Marketing’s needs.
- Facilitate supplier selection and negotiation process. Perform market, benchmark and spend analyses. Negotiate contractual terms and conditions in partnership with business owners.
- Identify and develop sourcing and spend management strategies to deliver cost savings. Perform savings tracking and report realized savings.
- Monitor supplier performance and lead supplier relationships.
- Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Legal, internal teams and suppliers to analyze risks and develop language to mitigate, as needed.
- Communicate and guide business users to sourcing policies, standards and guidelines. Recommend strategies and tactics to meet their needs.
5+ years of experience in sourcing / procurement, preferably with a focus on Marketing. Marketing or agency experience is a plus.
Understanding of the supplier marketplace for the assigned category.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, with an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into clear recommendations and action plans.
Good negotiation skills, with contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
Knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence at a mid-to-senior management level both internally and externally.
Thought leadership, creative thinking and suggestions for new ways to approach old problems.
Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Oracle and Ariba a plus.
Undergraduate degree required.
Professional accreditation in sourcing, procurement or inventory management a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.