Senior Technical Project Manager (Agile) – Data Platform
- Palo Alto, CA
You love Data, Learning, and Technology. Where others see common problems, you see Rare Opportunities.
At Visa, we collaboratively enable Visa to be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 global transactions per second, enabling digital currency. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, discovering and building partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Our Data Platform is growing fast and the pace of change is accelerating. We deeply care that in the midst of internal growth our platform and services are stable and dependable for our customers and partners. As a Technical Program Manager, for our Data team in Palo Alto, you’ll drive quality and velocity of our technology. We are building out our CI/CD pipeline and you’ll help to make a success. You should be comfortable with owning issues and managing the outcome. You enjoy driving, resolving, facilitating and follow up. You understand the risks and the trade-offs, and are both technical and process focused.
We are the Data Platform team within Visa. We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
Do you wonder why, what-if, and why not? Do you seek simple solutions to complex problems? Are you naturally curious and a voracious learner? Are you a magnet to responsibility?
We want you to come join our team!
You are ready for new responsibilities and ready to challenge the status quo daily to enable a whole new world of data services. You love change.
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Lead project level retrospectives, post-mortems, and RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) with clear next steps, action items, and follow-up.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development process using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work openly and boldly across all functions and geographies to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize value and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of the work you're doing with your teams!
- Guide groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions.
- As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot and then drive on a larger scale.
- Implement Visa PMM required project gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
- Champion the adoption of key engineering practices like Reflection, Learning, Code Review, and Continuous Integration.
- Take initiative to create and grow our learning community, and be an Agile and Leadership Champion within the organization.
You love to make things happen with teamwork and process innovation. You are technical. You are collaborative.
- Bachelors or Masters STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Scrum Master, Program Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing software solutions. Including, 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Kanban, or Agile coach.
- Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
- Superb communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence change at higher levels.
- One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile. And PMP, or similar knowledge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.