Sr. Director, Global Payroll Leader
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Global Payroll Leader is a critical member of the HR Shared Services team is responsible for providing strategic direction on global payroll for approximately 11,000 employees in 46 countries across the globe (Asia, Americas, Europe, etc.) The ideal candidate is experienced in Global Payroll Operations and has a passion for creating innovative payroll solutions. Responsible for corporate and local payroll strategy, planning, communications, and marketing the payroll function and related services. This position will foster relationships with senior internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining exceptional business relationships and working collaboratively with other corporate and country level teams including HR, Legal, Tax, Treasury, Employee Benefits, Compensation, IT, and Finance. This role is part of the global HR organization. The incumbent is expected to run day to day payroll operations, support new and existing pay programs (local and global), manage vendor contracts and relationships, and drive process standardization, automation, and improvement in the controls for payroll globally and ensures process efficiency and effectiveness. The position will also oversee the team in global expansion initiatives including exploring and managing the implementation of 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries. Finally, this position will be responsible for the coaching, mentoring and leadership of the team of individuals and managers that provide the day-to-day payroll support. The Senior Director of Global Payroll will report into the Head of Global HR Shared Services.
- Develop payroll strategy and operating model within the context of a rapidly evolving HR Shared Services model and provide tactical direction to the HR Leads across the globe
- Drive appropriate consistent processes across the globe and coordinate regional efforts towards global process standardization while allowing flexibility locally when required
- Maximize the effectiveness of technologies and supporting processes to drive continuous improvement and change initiatives
- Own oversight of Global Payroll to ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures
- Drive controls and operational excellence including, but not limited to, SOX oversight and controls and compliance programs
- Ensure process design supports fiscal and regulatory compliance
- Establish partnerships with third party vendors to ensure effective service delivery
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members in order to optimize operational excellence and create a deeper bench of experienced talent
- Build partnerships and solicit feedback from internal and external business partners to define and develop successful, scalable processes and practices
- Manage the global and/or regional payroll vendor relationships, including selection, negotiation, consolidation, and management
- Provide audit and oversight to the team's activities and processes, ensuring that pertinent internal and external compliance and government interaction standards are met
- Implement and leverage technology that best fits our program and needs
- 10 or more years of experience with global payroll and payroll tax
- Knowledge and experience with stock, travel and time and attendance programs.
- Experience setting up payroll requirements for new tax entities.
- Experience with end to end M & A activities.
- Experience managing several large payroll vendors and contracts. ADP is preferred.
- Experience leading mid to large & geographically dispersed teams.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, business or a related field (master's degree preferred).
- CPP designation required.
- Workday Payroll knowledge &/or experience preferred but not required; must have deep knowledge & experience working with payroll vendors & platform technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills & ability to influence.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels & layers of the organization.
- Experience transforming a payroll function that is very manual to one that is highly scalable and efficient.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.