Senior Software Engineer - UI Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cloud platform & Infrastructure Automation team is responsible for the design, architecture and development of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform within Visa. The team is also chartered with building the next generation Application Management, Delivery and Validation Platform. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy services, monitor and auto scale applications with the highest level of reliability, availability, scale and security.
Selected candidate will be a core team member of software engineers in Visa building software defined infrastructure and application delivery platforms. You will also have an opportunity to make a large impact across Visa on how systems/applications are built and delivered. We build and support a variety of technologies that span multiple continents, deploying code dozens of times each day.
· Design, implement and develop world-class software for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa
· Implement and develop world-class software for Cloud components by auto provisioning systems, host to storage integration and “zero touch” installation of software components.
· Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Provisioning, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
· Coding for auto provisioning and administration of applications on IaaS and PaaS.
· Work within a highly-skilled team along with Engineering Managers to determine methods and procedures on new automation assignments.
· Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
· Provide guidance to less-experienced team members. Review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code.
- Extensive experience in design & development of web applications on multiple platforms
- Excellent Understanding and experience on HTML,CSS, Bootstarap.
- Good Understanding of Mongo, Mysql Database.
- Exposure to server-side languages including Java and Node.js.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, developing comprehensive test and quality plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Software Engineering background is required with development knowledge in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Good to have knowledge on Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Experience of having performed a migration and integration involving different infrastructure components will be a definite advantage.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 4+ years of experience in Software Development