Director – Business Planning and Operations, Russia
- Moscow, Russian Federation
The Russia Business Planning and Operations team directly supports the Russia Country Manager (CM) and sets out to facilitate achievement of financial and business goals for the region. Closely engaging with all internal stakeholders, the team provides guidance, oversight and project management across strategic and BAU priorities of the country and region.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Results Area
The Director - Business Planning and Operations will lead collaboration across the Russia by providing support in financial planning, pricing, decision making, competitive tracking, managing strategic business initiatives, client support programs, management reporting, insights and related areas. Primary responsibilities of this position are:
• Lead with the Finance team the annual business planning cycle; manage cross-functional discussions, review all proposals, and ensure optimal investment of resources in order to finalize the operating plan
• Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to arrive at recommendations that drive corporate objectives. Drive solving of a range of business problems by collaborating and coordinating with multiple internal stakeholders.
• Oversee major project work streams related to Visa business and strategic priorities in Russia
• Collaborate with business line management. Specific project content will vary greatly in business or strategic focus, depth, and stakeholders served, ranging from broad co-ordination efforts across multiple functional areas to focused special assignments for senior management that are of high strategic importance to Visa’s business in Russia and CEMEA.
• Maintain business landscape knowledge to provide solid foundational context to critical strategic projects.
• Research and analyse internal / external data, information and trends to present client and market level insights to the Russia leadership team
• Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
• Provide frameworks and perspectives relevant to business objectives
• Maintain tight alignment and work closely with Functional and Country management teams, acting as a project manager on strategic or pan-regional projects, and bringing timely and useful insight, perspective, analytical support, and research resources
• Work with minimal direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to country and regional management
• Balance facilitation, influence, and content contribution to help business leaders design their strategies and achieve their goals.
• Prepare regular management reporting and presentation documents when required
• Oversee the Sales Playbook implementation and adoption for Russia, ensuring that both the strategic account management approach and the technology are effectively adopted.
• Strategic thinking, strong analytical skills and financial acumen required to be a trusted advisor
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, compelling messages to senior managers and other stakeholders
• Self-confident and hands-on, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment
• Ability to rally corporate resources and functional experts to drive business objectives
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with various functions
• Project management skills and strong execution ability to deliver against tight deadlines
• Collaborative and resilient
• Ability to learn quickly, deal with complexity and lead change
• Aptitude to source relevant information and make timely decisions; tolerance for ambiguity
• Ability to quickly assess an opportunity, using industry experience and fact-based analyses
• Comfortable with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
• Minimum of 12 years work experience in Retail Banking, Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy or a related function
• Experience in and/or significant exposure to the financial services/payments industry required
• Global or multi-national business experience as a plus
• Experience in handling projects with multiple work streams, and coordinating complex cross-enterprise processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels