Staff QA Engineer/Principal Software Tester
- Belfast, United Kingdom
CyberSource, a Visa company is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource's continued growth and expansion, we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide.
CyberSource are recruiting a Lead QA Engineer to bring creative thinking to some of our key strategic products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Lead/Staff QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing, leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for testing in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource's portfolio of products
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall QA effort for the product
- People Development: Coaching and mentoring our talented QA Engineers to nurture and refine their testing mindset and skills
- Instigating and contributing to quality centric change initiatives within CyberSource at both a local and global level
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a commitment to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects
- Be confident in testing APIs, Web Services and/or Batching applications
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing Testing talent through coaching and mentoring
- Be a technologist â€“ happy and confident writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies. Java and Oracle experience advantageous.
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with a minimum of 8 years' experience in hands on testing
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please click via the link