Chief Systems Architect
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
BI & Analytics products and services covers custom web applications, interactive visual applications, Data product APIs and various analytics capabilities. The team is looking for a highly accomplished & visionary Architect that is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable software applications, evaluate technologies for big data analytics, platform for rolling out of interactive visual applications and APIs. You will be working in a fast-paced agile environment. You will also need to engage technical and architectural discussions with many teams, cross functional reviews with product managers and customers
- Architect, design & implement Visualization & Web Services platform to enable interactive Visual applications & APIs
- Evaluate and decides technology stacks for BI & Analytics services
- Develop and maintain architectural roadmap for products and services plus ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards.
- Define POC Scope & execute the POC
- Defines framework for integrating with various analytics technologies that providing authentication and data security
- Partner with Product Management to define BI & Analytics product rollout strategy
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to define the architecture of the Platform and to develop security standards, guidelines, best practices, and reference architectures
- Develop processes and tools that enable Product Development teams to efficiently deploy their services through the Platform
- Review design and developer’s code
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in developing complex software applications
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier & Cloud/Virtual environments
- Extensive experience on Monolithic and Cloud-Native Application architecture design and development of large scale platforms and application with simple solutions
- Hands on Domain Driven and Microservices design and implementation on-demand self-service based applications, Kubernetes and Docker Container based deployment skills of J2EE and MEAN stacks
- Extensive hands on design, implementation and performance tuning skills of J2EE and MEAN stacks
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on Big Data and cloud computing technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on near real-time Data Streaming process flow and near real-time Data Analysis using Karfa, and ELK.
- Hands on DevOps and CICD lifecycle
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- SOA & Object-Oriented design and development
- SQL/noSQL technology
- Web & Web Services (REST/ SOAP), gRPC
- Experience on application/platform instrumentation, measurement, log data processing, and monitoring.
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Security and integration technologies experience, such as OAuth, key management, message and file gateways etc.
- Experience with Open Source framework such as Angular, React, Hibernate, Jruby, ROR, Node.js and Spring etc.
- Agile development experience
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- Experience in implementing search using Elasticsearch, Solr is a plus
- Location based services using Google Map, ESRI, Trillium etc. is a plus
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation and interaction skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.