- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DMPD, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
The Development Director for DMPD position is based in India and will report to the Senior Director of Product Development. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and executing projects and programs within a shared strategic vision that is mission-critical to the organization. You will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SDEs across the company on this high impact initiative.
- A 12+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred
- Deep knowledge and passion around emerging markets and payments technologies and their potential to change commerce
- Experienced in core platform engineering and backend services development including SDK's, REST APIs and integration components
- Strong knowledge in Java EE, Spring and Hibernate, experience with developing Rest Web Services
- Experience with build tools like Maven, Jenkins. Proficient in JUnit, TestNG, and other languages or tools
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate technical issues and concepts to multiple organization levels inside and outside Visa
- Experience with Agile development methodology. Excellent time management and a passion for making commitments happen. Able to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to partner with diverse stakeholders is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team.
As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world,
Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.