Director Employer Brand Communications
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Director, Employer Brand Communications
What We’re Looking For
You’re a storyteller who enjoys using your creative mind to craft persuasive angles that set the company apart. You’re a relationship builder who positively connects with media in a way that’s so authentic, many journalists would consider you a friend. You’re a stellar communicator who enjoys writing, presenting and guiding conversations. You never take “no” for an answer and dream up inventive ways to break through the noise and authentically build employee pride. You believe in making a difference and are personally passionate about issues around diversity and inclusion, workplace equality and universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere. You have keen executive intuition and understand how to anticipate needs, prepare and coach spokespersons for successful interviews, speaking opportunities and events. You are a high-energy individual who enjoys a rapid pace, thrives in an environment where you can make a big impact and believes that collaborative efforts are much better than flying solo.
If this sounds like the person you are, we want YOU on this journey. It’s an exciting time to join our team – Visa has been disrupting the payments industry from day one, as the first to introduce credit, debit and prepaid cards globally and continues to aggressively lead and drive tech innovation via payment rings and wearables, biometrics and even connected cars. You have the unique opportunity to shape our Employer Brand as both an internal and external communications strategist.
What You’ll Do
The Director, Global Employer Brand Communications will develop strategic and dynamic internal and external communications, programs and initiatives that support Visa’s goal of being an Employer of Choice.
He/she will lead the development of communications and PR plans to support Visa’s Global Human Resources and Talent Organization, partnering closely with the Diversity & Inclusion division to:
• Drive employee engagement and pride and equip employees to be ambassadors of Visa as a great place to work
• Build master narrative and PR program to elevate thought leadership profile in the Diversity & Inclusion/employer of choice space, build consumer awareness of Visa’s business and corporate culture
• Connect employees to Visa’s strategic priorities, specifically in the areas of brand and innovation
• Infuse soul/human element into all communications to demonstrate authenticity with employees and attract talent
What You’ll Do
• Build internal and external communications plans for key inflection points in our Diversity & Inclusion and corporate advocacy programs such as Black History Month, International Women’s Month, our Ready to Return Initiative, Women’s Equality Day, Equal Pay at the White House, etc)
• Collaborate with agency resources to design employee experiences and look, tone and feel for internal campaigns around key moments and celebrations.
• Drive evolution of Employee Value Proposition and partner with recruitment team to devise broad external campaigns that attract top, diverse talent.
• Own Diversity & Inclusion content on Visa.com (https://visa.com/diversity), including developing editorial content for articles on Visa.com and the corporate Intranet.
• Collaborate with the social team to amplify news that matters to employees and expresses corporate pride on @VisaNews Twitter, LinkedIn and @lifeatvisa Instagram.
• Oversee media relationships for media contacts across business, tech, workplace/culture and broadcast. Create innovative pitches that persuade and intrigue journalists.
• Build strategic plans that include a storytelling framework for the year to keep media momentum flowing. Continue steady drumbeat of news and coverage.
• Own select executive relationships for thought leadership initiatives, elevating their profile and developing their communication platform.
• Craft messaging frameworks, presentations, internal communications, FAQs and byline articles.
• Manage agency relationships, as an extension of the team, providing strategic direction and motivating them toward success.
• Measure success and report industry and business impact of PR programs.
• Reports to Sr. Director of Global Employer Brand Communications
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.