Human Resources Intern
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
Human Resources enables business growth by providing strategic leadership to create an environment that enables our talent to succeed. We develop and drive platforms that attract, develop and engage our talent to produce the best work of their careers. Opportunities exist in HR Consulting, Talent Management, Compensation and Talent Acquisition.
We are looking for Human Resources interns across the HR Organization. Some of the groups you might work with are:
- Talent Acquisition: partner with the business to attract and place top candidates at Visa, fill talent gaps, and drive successful succession hiring
- Talent Management: create the tools and strategy to ensure Visa has the right skills in the right places through career management, succession planning, and employee engagement
- HR Business Partners: help drive people initiatives across the company as a strategic partner to all of Visa’s business leaders
Job duties and past projects have included:
- Conducting competitor research and help shape an innovative social media strategy to strengthen University Recruitment initiatives.
- Conducting best practice research on how high performing companies drive employee effectiveness through performance management strategies to support the evaluation of Visa’s global Annual Review process.
- Partnering with HR leaders to support organization wide transformation initiatives in workforce planning.
- Developing quantitative models based on compensation survey data to identify competitive pay and reward practices and Visa’s competitive position in the marketplace across several programs.
So what are we looking for in a Human Resources intern?
- Students graduating fall 2018 or later (unless enrolled to pursue an additional degree in fall 2018)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Psychology, Finance or a related field
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources
- Strong ability to collaborate with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing and/or quantitative skills
- Except in exceptional circumstances, undergraduate candidates who will require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future will not be considered for this position
San Francisco / Bay Area, CA
Highlands Ranch, CO
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”