Sr. Employee Relations Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Employee Relations Partner in the Bay Area (Foster City) to partner with the business to provide consultation on solving complex employee relations issues across all levels of the organization.
In addition to an employee relations background this role requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully across the organization.
This role will serve as a trusted partner to effectively managing complex employee relations, providing employee and management coaching, facilitation of performance improvement plans, investigations, and policy management.
· Consultative support for the resolution on a variety of matters including performance management and addressing challenging interactions
· Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives
· Provide executive coaching to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
· Partner to address gaps in performance including drafting performance improvement plans, written warnings, and facilitating the necessary communications to drive an effective outcome.
· Conduct workplace investigations in complex situations, demonstrating effective listening, probing and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data, identify root problems/causes, and recommend actions to resolve in partnership with Legal and Business Conduct Office
· Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements
· Analyze and track ER trends to proactively create a positive organizational culture and builds manager capabilities, including external trends and best practices
· Foster a client-focused environment and mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience
· Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers
· Manage workplace accommodation requests including facilitating an interactive process as needed
· Lead/support cross functional HR projects and initiatives as needed
· Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
· Highly collaborative, and comfortable working with HR and Legal partners within a matrix environment
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking/problem solving skills
· Strong knowledge of California and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration. Global experience beneficial.
· Detail-oriented and case management skills demonstrating strong organizational with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
· Ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
· Excellent written and verbal communication a must, including the ability to interface with others in a positive, approachable and professional manner Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills
· Strong influencing skills leveraging business acumen, expertise and data.
· Minimum 8-10 years of progressive HR experience, with the majority of time in employee relations
· Bachelor’s degree required/ MBA/MA preferred
· SHRM/PHR Certification preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.