Senior Director, Financial Inclusion – Latin American and the Caribbean
- Miami, FL, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Director, Financial Inclusion – Latin America (LAC), is a proven subject matter expert in Financial Inclusion and payment solutions. She/he will have lead responsibility on behalf of Visa for developing and implementing Visa’s strategy and investments behind Financial Inclusion programs in the region. LAC provides an exciting opportunity for the Senior Director to shape and lead Visa’s FI strategy and programs to deliver business value to Visa while helping to improve millions of people’s lives through the delivery of financial services to underbanked individuals living outside of the financial system as well as underserved clients.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate clear leadership capabilities and experience in terms of building alignment, support around a shared vision of success across multiple functions and within the framework of the regional management structure. She/he will also be responsible for consolidating the value proposition for each client group and development and implementation of successful go-to-market plans.
This position reports to the Vice President, Global Financial Inclusion, and will be based in Visa's offices in Miami, Florida.
- Lead the development of Visa’s Financial Inclusion strategy and programs in LAC to deliver franchise value to Visa by expanding access to the underbanked and underserved emerging middle class.
- Identify, co-create and implement Financial Inclusion solutions that Deliver FI commercial outcomes by identifying and driving the end-to-end client sales process; e.g., opportunity assessment, solution development and business case development for priority opportunities and partnerships.
- Take the lead role and build the commercial case and value proposition for each project consistent with the agreed FI conditions around scale, ROI, and financial inclusion impact and with the global strategy: government, FMCG, MNOs and small banks/MFIs.
- Lead the Financial Inclusion philanthropic investment strategy and implementation, including developing program concepts tracking and reporting of funded programs.
- Work across functions to execute programs and track progress against goals, for both commercial and philanthropic.
- Develop and manage commercial partnerships with organizations that are catalysts behind driving financial inclusion at scale and those whose perspectives are important in shaping the FI landscape in Latin America.
- Lead the agenda and proactively manage Cross Functional Team on FI (Sales, Product, MSS, GR, Marketing, and CR etc.) to advance shared business objectives, and manage the communications with country management to facilitate support and commitment for programs.
- Serve as subject matter resource on financial inclusion, for internal and external audiences, and speak on behalf of Visa to communicate the commitment and contributions of Visa to advance financial inclusion.
- Become a trusted advisor with clients and non-traditional partners
- Represent Visa in external events, meetings and organizations relevant to financial inclusion.
- A minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in similar roles, including developing and executing partnership and engagement strategies.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with the passion for leveraging disruptive innovation and strategic partnerships to accelerate the delivery of financial services to hundreds of millions of unbanked people at scale.
- Commercially minded and strong subject matter experience in the payments industry and financial inclusion
- Proven ability to develop a strategic vision for the region must be able to demonstrate clear leadership capabilities and experience in terms of building alignment, support around a shared vision of success across multiple functions and within the framework of the regional management structure.
- Proven ability to develop, cultivate and manage strategic commercial relationships and partnerships with external organizations.
- Results driven, solution focused and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across functions (team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible) to mobilize resources where necessary and ensure cross-function engagement
- Has global or multi-national experience, especially in Latin America.
- Proven ability to communicate about financial inclusion, internally and externally, with precision and impact
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) degree from top-tier institutions required.
- Strong strategic mindset that can develop the shared value business model utilizing commercial and corporate responsibility investments to advance long-term financial inclusion business objectives in Latin America.
- Ability to develop financial and business plans associated with projects.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and implement multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion. Ensure challenges and problems are communicated quickly and dealt with.
- Fluent in Spanish; Portuguese a plus
- Ability to work within a complex and changing environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or geographic management.
- Superb written and oral communications skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”