Sr. Account Executive: Sales/Business Development
- Denver, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Sr. Account Executive, Visa USA Sales, is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing processing sales strategies for Financial Institutions and Third Party Program Managers. This position is responsible for negotiating contractual arrangements and selling Visa DPS product and service offerings into targeted banks, credit unions, financial technology companies and program managers with a focus on solution prepaid programs. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to develop strategic account plans and to ensure appropriate communication flows to deepen business relationships.
This sales role has direct accountability for sales results and activities with an assigned portfolio of Financial Institutions, Program Managers and Financial Technology organizations. The Sr. Account Executive must reside in the US market (contiguous United States).
- Develop and execute customized sales plans to increase Visa processing volume, market share and expand penetration of Visa DPS products and solutions
- Provide strategic value to customers including leveraging trends in customer industries/marketplaces to shape solutions and approaches.
- Develop strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market needs.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the sales management and direction of the business.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with Acquirers & Processors for accepting and deploying Visa products and services.
- Continuously review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business.
- Collaborate with the product management team regarding new product development. Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Actively lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 15 years’ business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Processing, Issuing, Prepaid and Fintech markets
- Strong industry knowledge of Issuing, POS and eCommerce acceptance solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a large-scale, complex, competitive sales effort.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for a major segment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with levels including executive management.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measures business performance including P&L responsibility and accurately forecasting major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
- Consulting experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.