Jr. C++ / Linux Software Developer (REF5229K)
- Foster City, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The successful candidate will be working in the Gateway Services Development team which is part of the Network Processing organization. This team is responsible for the ownership, development, and support of the Visa Message Gateway (VMG) and Extended Access (EA) systems. These systems provide acquirer and issuer access into VisaNet by routing financial traffic to the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) and Clearing & Settlement systems. VMG and EA are engineered to be highly available, with superlative performance and reliability. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter and quick learner.
Work on the design and coding of complex mission-critical systems.
Collaborate with other engineers to develop flexible cost effective solutions to tactical and strategic business requirements.
Formally specify and document detailed design using object oriented design paradigm.
Code application and system components covering one or more of the following areas: user interface, business functions, database, security and others.
Implement automated tests into a test framework that verify the application and system.
Provide support to the QA and Production Support Teams.
Participate in design and code reviews to ensure that high quality work is delivered.
Champion software development best practices such as software development standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration test etc.
Coordinate with other groups such as QA & Production Support to work towards the common goal.
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
- 1+ yrs in C++ programming is required.
- 0 to 2 years of professional experience developing object oriented software
- 0 to 2 years of experience in Java.
- Any experience in developing back-end applications including multi-process and multi-threaded architectures is highly desired.
- Any experience in developing Unix-based software (Linux preferred) including scripting (Shell, Python, etc.) is highly desired.
- Any experience in TCP/IP (i.e. socket based programming) is a strong plus.
- Any experience in Go programming language is highly desired.
- A good understanding of Web Services, HTTP/HTTPs and RESTful API will be helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.