Senior Director – Global Technology Sourcing – CyberSecurity / Network (Foster City, CA or Austin, TX)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa’s Global Procurement organization is part of the Global Finance function and manages the end to end sourcing and procurement of goods and services. The team is responsible for partnering with the business owners to lead all strategic sourcing activities globally to ensure optimal selection of suppliers that deliver best value in price and quality while minimizing risk to Visa. The team also provides support to the business with risk management, supplier contracting and purchase order processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures. The team plays an essential role in delivering cost savings and providing the most efficient path for procuring goods and services.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Technology Sourcing, the Senior Director manages a team of Category Leads who cover CyberSecurity and Network domains. This includes Software, Services, Hardware, and Appliances for critical suppliers of CyberSecurity and Network solutions. Telecommunication Carriers are also managed by this team. Annual spend is $250M across 275 suppliers. Works closely with key stakeholders within the Technology organization, including CTO, CISO, Technology CFO and the Technology Leadership Team (TLT). In this role, he/she will provide subject matter expertise, deep market insights and strategic guidance to the business leaders by understanding their strategy, initiatives and plans and translating them into sourcing initiatives that are aligned to meet the goals of the Technology organization. As the leader of the CyberSecurity and Network Sourcing team, he/she will manage the sourcing staff designated to support all relevant technology purchases globally and is expected to deliver savings of 6-8 percent annually.
This is a leadership role within Visa’s Global Technology Sourcing organization and the responsibilities range from building relationships with Technology executives and working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to drive strategic decision, to leading the sourcing business partners to deliver savings while balancing the risks and regulatory issues from engaging third parties. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Builds and enhances relationships with the TLT and develops sourcing strategies to meet their requirements while managing risks and achieving cost efficiencies at Visa.
• Assists VP Technology Procurement in communicating status to the Technology Business Office on behalf of the entire Technology Procurement team. Examines process improvement opportunities for the entire team focused on stream lining end to end times, reducing overhead and improving engagement.
• Ensures that Global Procurement enhances its buying power based on cross functional and geography activities across all areas, leveraging Visa's global buying power and ensuring improvement opportunities at all times.
• Collaborates with the business leaders to evaluate Technology investment plans and identify sourcing opportunities and strategies to drive the sourcing pipeline and deliver cost savings.
• Manages suppliers and plans for the use of suppliers in connection with the implementation of Technology strategies and goals.
• Leads a high performing team of category leads responsible for proactively managing supplier relationships in defined categories to deliver cost savings and enhanced services for Visa.
• Leads a multi-location team responsible for conducting various highly complex analysis, including opportunity assessments for selecting spend categories to source, market-benchmarking and spend analysis, category and supplier cost models and financial impact analysis from cost savings.
• Leads global sourcing teams in developing specifications, sourcing strategies and supplier negotiation strategies for global marketing procurements.
• Leads and facilitates supplier selection and highly complex contract negotiations, involving Legal, Finance, Risk and other departments as necessary, to achieve favorable terms on quality, delivery and price, ensure end-user needs are met and deliver substantial cost savings on a consistent basis.
• Leads or supports the technology organization in measuring supplier performance for the key strategic suppliers including SLAs, working with supplier relationship owners to address issues as needed, and conducting quarterly performance reviews.
• Develops strategies to address the challenges of international sourcing such as regulatory practices/government requirements, cross-cultural business practices, economic and political risk factors, language and communication.
• Evaluates and minimizes risks associated with global sourcing such as currency exchange rate fluctuations, duties, taxes, payment terms, lead time and country-specific market dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced business or legal degree highly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible sourcing/vendor management experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- 10+ years of technology sourcing experience.
- Extensive experience in contract negotiations and drafting required.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to drive consensus and influence leaders in cross regional and cross functional teams.
- Extensive sourcing experience managing complex relationships and experience working in international settings and outsourcing are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team that partners with business owners to drive change and deliver significant value.
- Superior analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business trade-offs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage uncertainty and anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive presence, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory requirements and ability to work effectively with various stakeholders to ensure compliance and minimize risk.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.