Associate Technical Support Analyst
- Pasay, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• Perform manual remediation of workstations that are not able to be remediated with automation.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows operating systems and remote administrative tools like PowerShell, pstools, Microsoft snap-ins etc.
• Customer support skills required. Contact users via email/IM/phone to inform them of remediation required and work either remotely or have them bring their laptops to the workstation support area to perform remediation tasks.
• Experience with SCCM, Bigfix and Tanium a plus
• Provide 2nd level support on a need basis. Handles problem identification, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems
• Analyze customer problems and formulates plans to implement to obtain resolutions
• Utilize all technical resources to analyze technical issues and solve customer problems
• Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved reported issues
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
• Installation of hardware/software as required. Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images. Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
• Hardware/Software installation and configuration.
• Good knowledge of Windows 7/10, MS Office suite and Outlook.
• Familiar with Active directory, McAfee Enterprise security solutions like VirusScan, HIPS etc.
• Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting.
• Experience in utilizing client remote control solutions & PC troubleshooting
• Ability to read event viewer, analyze logs and Microsoft Software troubleshooting.
Experience & Education Required
• 2-4 year experience as PC technician supporting over 200 users.
• Experience providing support to software development environment preferred.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
• Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency
• Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations
• Problem Solving skills
• Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
• Ability to schedule and prioritize
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Technical writing/documentation skills
• Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
• Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
• Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams
Other Required Characteristics
• People-oriented/Team Player
• Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
• Flexible with hours
• Goal seeker
• Ability to multitask
• Detail oriented
• A great listener