Director - Cyber Security Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cyber Security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
In this critical leadership role, you will take a lead role in the continued innovation of Visa’s Cyber Security strategy and drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure. You will be responsible for leading a premier engineering team that develops, operates and supports a heterogeneous security infrastructure on a global scale. You will build and lead the Cyber Security Engineering program and lead a team of high performing engineers, analysts and data scientists. By working with other groups such as Global Network Engineering, Operations, Data Science and Application Development organizations, you will perform the role of a strategic thinker and have the operational gravitas to run one of the best technical functions in the company. In this role, you will also work with Visa’s executive committee members.
• Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security engineering while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to and security risks in new and existing infrastructure are properly understood and mitigated.
• Provide leadership and direction in the innovation of bleeding-edge security technologies and utilizing a risk-based approach to properly test and introduce them into the overall environment.
• Be passionate in the pursuit of securing Visa’s data and critical assets
• Recruit, develop, and retain a talented group of technology professionals for this core security engineering function.
• Collaborate with colleagues in technology departments as well as the business and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships.
• Lead a team of security engineering professionals responsible for planning, design, implementation and ongoing support of security systems of high complexity to fulfill the business needs.
• Work with all interfacing teams to define and baseline the system uptime SLAs.
• Work with other Cyber Security teams to effectively and efficiently manage security monitoring, sensor enrichment and tuning
• Lead global projects, develop timeline, manage project team, and drive deliverables on time and on budget.
• Partner with the other engineering teams to deliver seamless service and infrastructure services to critical Visa business lines.
• Take ownership for the management of the ongoing security engineering support, maintenance, security, and availability of Visa services based on business requirements and adherence to tight operational, security, and procedural models.
• Establish department strategy in line with broader Cyber Security objectives; have passion for cyber security innovation
• Plan and Manage department budgets.
• Plan and position a solution within the company to effectively gain consensus from all stakeholders and lead the execution.
• Construct business case, cost estimates, Return on Investment (ROI) and successfully communicate solution to business.
• Manage staff, including selection, goal setting, annual reviews, and compensation planning and career development.
• Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization by earning the reputation for being a dedicated senior leader and change agent.
• Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
• Respond to and assist with due diligence and internal / external audit requests.
• Represent Visa in information security and cyber security communities globally.
This position requires:
Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline
A minimum of 12 years of experience in the network/security engineering and/or security areas with at least 8 years of direct people management experience.
Skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals and other corporate initiatives and driving to results.
Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Cyber security and Network Engineering.
Demonstrated knowledge in advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) tactics and mitigation/disruption techniques.
Strong knowledge of the financial services area (or other critical infrastructure areas) with an emphasis on network/system engineering and information security.
A track record of leading the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
An attested ability to establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with product and business managers; work closely with business partners to understand business drivers and market requirements; and provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right solutions for the market in the required time frames.
Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high-availability network systems and associated security issues.
Experience with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and criminal actors and advanced knowledge of associated Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP)
Experience and familiarity working across the global cyber security community
Demonstrated expertise and experience with advanced and 0-day threats, intrusions, malware infection, packet analysis
High degree of technical complexity and conservancy; familiarity with complex global information security infrastructures preferred
Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
Knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, GLBA, SOX) and other security regulation requirements
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
Deep understanding of current industry infrastructure standards and practices, along with a process oriented background.
Certifications in CISSP, CCSP, CCIE-Security, or CEH highly desirable
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.