Director – Open VisaNet, Infrastructure Platform and Performance Engineering
- Bengaluru, India
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet payment processing core, that will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost-effective distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects
Reporting to Senior Director of Open VisaNet Engineering Networking Processing Technology, the Director of infrastructure and Performance engineering will be responsible for developing and supporting critical infrastructure platform for the Open VisaNet solution. This role will be responsible creating PAAS like infrastructure for distributed systems built on the foundation of Open Source technologies. This role is a hands-on technology role. S/he will closely work with teams in other locations for developing and executing a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables core Visa Payments processing.
- Accountable for implementing highly scalable infrastructure for low-latency and high-throughput core payment processing system that has five 9’s availability.
- Build, enhance and scale critical middleware/infrastructure technologies in open systems including database tier, event and data pipelines.
- Build PAAS layer using distributed technologies that serve as the foundation layer for all business applications and provide consistent set of behavior and capabilities.
- Build and scale data tier, enable data tier service for near real time applications with high availability, multi-datacenter systems using/enhancing distributed database technologies such as Cassandra/Couchbase/Aerospike/Elasticsearch.
- Support and manage distributed data processing pipelines using technologies like Kafka at scale, HDFS and similar distributed/shared nothing architecture technologies using commodity hardware.
- Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists. Hire critical talent and develop new application infrastructure portfolio.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, building core frameworks and implement best practices.
10+ years track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
2+ years of people management experience working in agile software development
- Prior experience must include leadership role for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Prior experience in adopting, deploying and scaling cloud technologies for large systems.
- Demonstrable experience supporting and enabling PAAS like approach to application infrastructure that support high availability/resiliency. Must have demonstrated experience in building systems software preferably in domains that require high through-put and low-latency.
- Must be high impact individual with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution. Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for backend concurrent engineering, system software development and deployment on diverse platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.