Senior Software Engineer (REF6451H) - Digital and Mobile Product Developmnt (DMPD)
Within Technology & Operations, Digital & Mobile Product Development (DMPD) is a global division of over 600 team members responsible for developing and managing end-to-end technology solutions that promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. Within
DMPD, the Integration and Support engineering organization is a globally distributed team that connects with Development, Technical Product Management, Architecture, Test, Release and Program Management by representing the voice of the customer. It is a technical solution implementation and support team to
accelerate successful rollout of new integrations and enhancement of existing ones.
1. As an integration and support engineer, you will work closely with product management, software development, test engineering, customer support and other teams to lead Visa’s
technical integration of digital products to a wide customer base.
2. You will conceive, design, and create unique payment integration tools and support capabilities using digital and mobile device capabilities.
3a. Drive the technical solutions for client integration issues related to Java, J2EE, REST, JSON, Web Services; Java, J2EE, REST, JSON, Web Services is a must have..
3b. Drive the technical solutions for client integration issues related to Adroid, iOS, web features and digital wallets.
4. Liaise, schedule and plan effective support for an ongoing pipeline of issuing and merchant clients and their respective partners, enablers and acquirers.
5. You will be required to obtain solid payment experience using iOS or Android SDK integrating with merchant native application.
6. Apply a strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for mobile platform.
7. Utilize research and analysis skills to debug and solve complex customer facing issues.
8. Collect feedback from internal and external customers on features, functionality and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate
that feedback into future releases.
9. Provide subject matter expertise for iOS or Android platform to drive technical discussions with external customers and internal teams.
10. Apply solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit & system testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc), and peer code-reviews.
11. Understand how RESTful APIs integrated mobile applications
to server side systems and apply detection techniques to find root causes of integration problems.
12. Execute Proof of Concepts for visionary initiatives that enable Visa’s customers to a seamless and fast digital and mobile product integration.
13. This position is an individual contributor level role.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, related technical field or equivalent experience.
4 to 8 years of work experience in a software engineering-related occupation or in a software developer position.
Experience must include:
3 to 6 years of experience in Software Development using Java, J2EE, REST, JSON, Web Services; Java, J2EE, REST, JSON, Web Services is a must have.
2 to 3 years of iOS or Android Mobile Application Development experience;
Android or iOS technologies, including: Objective C, Swift network architecture, and MVC design pattern;Android or iOS technologies, is good to have;
Android development guidelines or Apple’s interface guidelines;
Data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for mobile platform;
Coding practices, including: design documentation, unit testing, source control (GIT,
SVN), and peer code-reviews;
Android/iOS platform and OWASP security practices;
Android/iOS development tools, including: Android Studio, Gradie build, and XCode; and,is good to have.
SOAP and RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
Experience working with API’s, client interfaces
Experience in mobile engineering
Experience working with eCommerce systems
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment while working on multiple priorities
Creative, self-driven and highly motivated individual with ability to develop lasting business
Flexibility to work with distributed global teams
Desired but not required experience:
Exposure to payments or banking system software
Exposure to test automation tools and software test configurations
Understanding of basic DevOps and software release principles or tools
Preferably from a product company