Intern - Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance
- London, UK
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Internship Program is
the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation.
Throughout the 10-12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get
executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate
in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are
looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next
era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the
challenge, please consider joining our team
Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) within our Cybersecurity team focuses on identification, monitoring, management, and communication of cybersecurity risks and compliance. The GRC team mitigates risks including regulatory noncompliance and ineffective treatment of cybersecurity risk. As part the Europe organisation you will support in this objective by being part of a multi-disciplinary team using global frameworks and methods to manage the cybersecurity risk to the business.
You will need to build out a broad understanding of both technical and security concepts in order to best support both technical and non-technical business stakeholders alike in meeting internal and external security requirements.
Some things you might work on as a graduate in Cybersecurity GRC include:
- Acting as a security consultant - Support project compliance and risk management through close alignment with project delivery teams and delivery of Security Assessments.
- Delivery of 3rd party risk reports for new and existing Visa suppliers to ensure adherence to Visa policies and processes – and flagging issues where you find them.
- Work on supporting our compliance activities against internal and external frameworks and driving continual improvement of our Cybersecurity risk posture.
- Management of findings and exceptions to Cybersecurity policies – working closely with impacted teams to ensure timely, effective and accurate expression of Cybersecurity issues and ensuring plans to remediate are fit for purpose.
So what are we looking for in a graduate in Cyber Security – GRC?
- Students graduating in 2019 or later
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field
- An interest in developing a career in Cybersecurity
- An interest in and knowledge of technology, systems and/or databases
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Tableau or other similar reporting tool a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communicator