Lead Software Engineer, Android or iOS (REF5851C) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 20,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Mobile Products organization is building a new generation of applications to facilitate commerce in everyone's new digital lives. Our focus is to build profoundly simple mobile apps that embed into our customers' everyday lives.
The role is a self-organized Lead Software Engineer for mobile application development. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills are just a start. You will have a great deal of passion about code quality and a solid understanding of security, usability and quality assurance. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to a Director of Software Engineering.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 10 years of experience in software engineering
- React Native, Node, ES6 and related technologies
- Android software development: Java, Kotlin, Espresso and Gradle
- iOS: Objective-C and Swift, XCUITest
- Functional Test Automation: cucumber and appium
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Passion for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities: mentor, collaborate, enable and inspire
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team in developing next generation mobile payment and banking applications, write solid code following best development practices.
- Influence product direction in mobile payments and banking domains.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, Product Management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Drive projects to completion by collaborating with peers to overcome blockers
- Commit to TDD
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.