Benchmark Consulting Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
The Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) team is passionate about improving our clients' profitability and performance through deep specialization in product, marketing, tailored consulting, automated solutions and unique insights demonstrating Visa payment processing data that support the growth and performance of a client business.
Within VCA, the Benchmarking and Scorecards team uses proven methodologies to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source.
This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by finding opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa's technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies. We are currently looking for a Benchmarking Senior Analyst to support our various benchmarking products across many different products, business functions, and client sets. The ideal candidate has a background in audit or finance and has the mindset of a consultant.
What will I work on in Visa Consulting and Analytics? We have unique and exciting opportunities for you here in our Bay Area offices as we grow our North America consulting capabilities. Typical projects for VCA INCLUDE:
- How does an issuer expand into offering or increase market share in credit or commercial products?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offerings?
- How does an issuer's profitability compare to a benchmark of peers?
- What technology applications best drive product differentiation?
- Play an integral role on a team of expert professionals in delivering revenue-generating and cost efficiency consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Responsible for completing detailed analysis on client data and identifying preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Contribute to client-specific presentations which address executive's needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Craft custom analytics to take on client's needs across functional areas including risk, marketing, and operational areas
What is Visa Consulting & Analytics looking for in a
Senior Analyst? We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative
ideas to our benchmarking practices:
Prior finance or audit experience (2-3 years of
Excellent communication, story-telling and
Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability
to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
Knowledge of finance and general ledger
Strong team player with a willingness to
collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills
and ability to adapt
A background in consulting, payments, financial
institutions or consumer lending a plus
Willingness to travel (8-12 weeks per year)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.