IT Benchmarking Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) team is focused on improving our clients' profitability and performance through deep specialization in product, marketing, tailored consulting, automated solutions and unique insights leveraging Visa payment processing data that support the growth and performance of a clients' business.
Within VCA, the Benchmarking and Scorecards team uses a proven benchmarking methodologies to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industr expertise and Visa's technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies.
We are currently looking for an IT Benchmarking Project Manager to lead our benchmarking efforts for IT and other operational functions. The ideal candidate has a finance background and has worked in the project management office for a large IT shop.
What will I work on in Visa Consulting & Analytics? We have unique and exciting opportunities for you here in our Bay Area offices as we grow our North America consulting capabilities. Typical projects for VCA include:
- How does an issuer expand into offering or increase market share in credit or commercial products?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does an issuer expand their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does an issuer optimize their product offerings?
- How does an issuer's profitability compare to a benchmark of peers?
- What technology applications best drive product differentiation?
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals and lead our IT benchmarking efforts in delivering revenue-generating and cost efficiency consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements individually and with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Responsible for completing detailed analysis on client data and identifying preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive's needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
- Create custom analytics to solve client's needs across functional areas including risk, marketing, IT, and operational areas
What is Global Strategic Services looking for in a Analyst?
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our benchmarking practices:
- BA/BS required, MBA or other graduate degree preferred. Professionals with prior IT consulting or PMO experience (5-6 years of work experience) preferred
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Knowledge of finance and general ledger accounting
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
- Willingness to travel (8-12 weeks per year)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.