IT Director of Talent Systems (Workday)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Corporate IT organization is creating a delivery leadership role focused on Workday Talent and other HR SaaS providers focused on Talent & Development. This Director level role will report to the Senior Director of HR Technology in our Corporate IT organization.
Imagine yourself as part of the team of individuals that are creating the digital future for talent development and learning systems at Visa. We need you to leverage your hands-on Workday configuration experience to design, build and deliver Technology solutions with successful outcomes. The role will require hands-on Workday configuration in the short term while you grow your own 2-4 person team. You will be empowered to innovate the future of our talent & learning Technology strategy and will deliver with excellence. You will collaborate with business leaders in design-thinking exercises so that we crystalize our business Technology priorities and you will prioritize delightful user experiences. You will not take orders; you will build deep partnerships with our HR partners and champion proactive new ways Technology can advance our employees’ development.
Workday is at the center of everything we do. While you will help administer other SaaS applications, we want to utilize all the synergy Workday brings to our core human capital management practices. We hope you can help drive that strategy!
Design Business Technology Solutions - Workday & HR SaaS applications
- Act as the lead techno-functional resource on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution
- Analyze complex business requirements and processes, ensure traceability of requirements
- Lead design sessions with technical and functional resources at all levels, including executives
- Engage in program / philosophy discussions to the extent that Technology can enable new business capabilities
- Create and maintain Talent Management strategic roadmap & priorities
Relationship and Team Management
- Provide a proactive interface between HR client groups and the HRIT team to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with HR COEs, HRBPs and other stakeholders
- Communicate client group feedback to leadership as appropriate
- Monitor and manage work and workload of team members, providing feedback or requesting additional resource support, as appropriate
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members
Talent / Learning Development System Operations – Workday & HR SaaS applications
- Primary liaison for Talent Management Workday escalations, system enhancements and continuous process improvements
- Manage upgrades/newly defined, functional & regional configurations (in consultation with core WD team)
- Participate in cross functional projects as required
- Ensure prompt triage and issue resolution of reported Workday / SaaS related issues in the Talent Management space
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or related technical fields
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Technology or a similar function including experience managing projects/direct reports
- Experience with prior SaaS and/or Cloud applications
- Proven experience with Workday implementations and has completed at least one, preferably two, full cycle implementations required.
- Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area
- Strong program and project management skills. Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong personal and technical communication skills along with effective people management/ collaboration skills
- Exceptional problem solving and time management skills and highly detail oriented
- Superior stakeholder management; Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior level customer representatives
- Ability to lead effective meetings and briefings for internal and external representatives. Must often coordinate efforts between functional areas or members of an extended project team
- Experience managing subordinates/highly skilled specialists who exercise significant latitude and independence
- Workday Core HCM certification, ATS/Talent certification a plus
- Process orientation and project management skills essential, experience with multiple project methodologies including Agile / iterative development a plus
- Experience with global / international company with employee populations across Latin America, Europe and Asia and working in a company with various lines of business, requiring a consistency and flexibility to meet customer needs preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.