Director, Learning & Talent Development Systems (Workday)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Human Resources IT organization (HRIT) is creating a Product Owner leadership role for our Talent & Learning Development center of excellence. This Director level role will report to the Senior Director of HR Technology in our Corporate IT organization.
Imagine yourself as part of the team of individuals that are creating the digital future for talent development and learning at Visa. We need you to leverage your functional experience to design and drive projects to successful outcomes. You will lead your own 2-4 person team. You will be empowered to innovate the future of our talent & learning development systems and held accountable for the roadmap’s success. You will lead design-thinking exercises so that we crystalize our business priorities and you will prioritize delightful user experiences. You will not take orders; you will build relationships and champion proactive new ways Technology can advance our employees’ development.
Do you have Workday experience? Workday is at the center of everything we do. While you will help administer other SaaS applications, we want to utilize all the synergy Workday brings to our core human capital management practices. We hope you can help drive that strategy!
Business Process and Solution Design - Workday & HR SaaS applications
• Act as the lead techno-functional resource on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution
• Analyze complex business requirements and processes, ensure traceability of requirements
• Lead design and review sessions with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management
Relationship and Team Management
• Provide a proactive interface between HR client groups and the HRIT team to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with HR COEs, HRBPs and other stakeholders
• Communicate client group feedback to leadership as appropriate
• Monitor and manage work and workload of team members, providing feedback or requesting additional resource support, as appropriate
• Provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as a People Manager
Talent / Learning Development System Operations – Workday & HR SaaS applications
• Create and maintain Talent Management strategic roadmap & priorities
• Primary liaison for Talent Management Workday escalations, system enhancements and continuous process improvements
• Manage upgrades/newly defined, functional & regional configurations (in consultation with core WD team)
• Participate in cross functional projects as required
• Ensure prompt triage and issue resolution of reported WD issues in the Talent Management space
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience in HRIS, Corporate Technology or a similar function including experience managing projects/direct reports
• Candidates with prior SaaS and/or Cloud applications preferred. Workday experience is a big plus
• Proven experience with Workday implementations and has completed at least one, preferably two full cycle implementations
• Workday Core HCM certification, ATS/Talent certification a plus
• Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area
• Process orientation and project management skills essential, experience with multiple project methodologies including Agile / iterative development a plus
• Experience with global / international company with employee populations across Latin America, Europe and Asia and working in a company with various lines of business, requiring a consistency and flexibility to meet customer needs preferred
• Strong program and project management skills. Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Strong personal and technical communication skills along with effective people management/ collaboration skills
• Exceptional problem solving and time management skills and highly detail oriented
• Superior stakeholder management; Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior level customer representatives
• Ability to lead effective meetings and briefings for internal and external representatives. Must often coordinate efforts between functional areas or members of an extended project team
• Manages subordinates/highly skilled specialists who exercise significant latitude and independence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.