Sr QA Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is recruiting a Lead quality engineer for its Merchant and Acquirer Processing group (CyberSource) to bring creative thinking to some of our key strategic products. Working with a team of talented engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience in the automated testing roles
- Establishing, leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for testing in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource's portfolio of products
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Coaching and mentoring our talented Test Engineers to nurture and refine their testing mindset and skills
- Instigating and contributing to quality centric change initiatives within CyberSource at both a local and global level
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required
- 4-7 years' experience required
- Extensive Experience and understanding in QA process .
- Extensive experience in QA tools (ALM, JIRA, Rally)
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Be highly confident in testing and automating APIs, Web Services, Batching applications and User Interfaces
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing testing talent through coaching and mentoring
- Be a technologist - happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies. Java and Oracle experience is a must.
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Highly knowledgeable in Continuous Integration and Delivery with GIT, Jenkins, Chef etc.,
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.