Join a Growing Analytics and Data Products Organization!
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
The Analytics and Data Products (ADP) group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. Our analysts are critical members of the team that supports Visa's Global Solution organization, reporting to a Senior Director within ADP.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint and deliver analytic projects that solve clients' business objectives. You will get chanceto leverage your business acumen and technical knowledge of big data and data mining techniques. Based on findings from data-driven analysis, you will draw fact-based insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the client's business and context. This function is critical in buildingmarket-relevant client solutions and intellectual property for Visa.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California or at our office in Ashburn, Virginia
- Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions. Contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the
findings and recommendations
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Perform other tasks on an as-needed basis
We have a number of openings and are seeking team members that are passionate, visionary and insatiably inquisitive. We seek team members whose excellence inspires others and raises the profile of our entire team. If this is you, please apply regardless of years of experience. We will always find a role for exceptional talent.
Business skills and general qualities:
- Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
- Strategic thinker
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala) is a plus.
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package isalso highly desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs
- Experience programming in Python and Spark is a plus
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
- Post graduate degree or MBA with strong technical experiences strongly preferred
- Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines) is helpful but not required
Set yourself apart by displaying your intellectual horsepower during the application process. Below are examples of problems that our team actually solves. Please select one and develop a short proposal to illustrate how you would use data to address it. Please include your response in your cover letter. The proposal should be a maximum of one (1) page in bullet points that structure your ideas in following five sections:
- Assumptions - To frame the problem
- Analysis Methodology - To explain your analysis approach and chosen analytics techniques
- Expected Results and Findings
- Recommendations – Based on expected results and findings
- Potential Limitations inherent in the approach
Below are the questions from which you may choose:
- How would you assess the impact of weather on consumer spend last winter?
- How would you determine if a specific block in your neighborhood is suitable for a new grocery store?
- Bank X has created a new credit card product, how would you determine the targeting strategy?
- Bank X has recently started accepting credit card applications over the internet. They are observing delinquency rates twice the normal level. How would you diagnose the reason and what potential remediation’s may be put in place (if any)?
- Bank X (merchant X) has observed declining credit card sales volumes in their core markets. How would
diagnose the cause and what potential remediation’s may be put in place (if any)
- Visa recently announced a new partnership with a key Fin Tech company. How would you quantify the per customer incremental value of this partnership?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.