Sr Software Engineer(REF4539J)-Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Bengaluru, India
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa is seeking highly energetic, passionate, technology enthusiasts for its Data Engineering & Analytics Reporting team within Digital and Mobile Product Development group. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with product specialists, technical team and Program Managers. Partner with Business stakeholders with the goal of creating data lake, providing them with the ability to make decisions and gain insights through data. Build Data Ingestion, Analytics and Reporting solutions for Visa Digital and Mobile products to optimize product from the business, technical and operational stand point.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop/modify data pipeline using Big Data Technology stack: Sqoop, Oozie, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka
- Build highly scalable, high performant and low latency pipeline using cutting-edge technologies
- Solve complex business problems using the analytics and reporting solutions
- Ability to make changes to the solutions and evolve based on changing business requirements
- Nice to have exposure to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, BigQuery, MicroStrategy.
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge, technology and changes, Execute POCs for visionary initiatives
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with PMO, Architects, Product Owners and other product vertical stake holders
- Work independently and mentor junior developers
- Review and challenge requirements and implementations designs
- Conduct peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum - Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- 5+ years of experience in the field of data analysis and data science
- Expertise in the area of Big Data, Analytics and Reporting
- Should be able to design and develop independently
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in payment industry will be a plus
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related field