Financial Analyst—Revenue Operations
- Lehi, UT, USA
Visa is a global payments-technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories.
We have a global vision and a common purpose that unites the entire Visa team: ensuring that Visa is the best way to pay and to be paid—for everyone, everywhere. As a global payments company, technology is at the heart of what we do, and our VisaNet technology and infrastructure are capable of processing and transmitting over 65,000 transaction messages per second. We harness this astounding processing power to enable people and businesses around the world to use digital currency rather than cash and checks.
Visa is also a global advocate for financial inclusion: we work with partners around the world to help those lacking access to financial services to join the global economy. Visa is fueled by our team of talented professionals who continuously raise the bar on delivering to people all over the world the convenience and security of digital currency.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are recruiting a Financial Analyst, based in Lehi, Utah, to support the revenue operations function for Visa’s international CyberSource business. You will collaborate on a team of analysts to handle pricing updates, cash applications, billing-dispute resolution, and the preparation of reports and analyses. This position requires the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and tackle problems expertly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You are required to work effectively with both external clients and internal partners and must understand revenue recognition policies, practices, and systems.
This position will also receive, process, and respond to requests from customers, all of which will require the ability to learn and navigate through multiple systems and the ability to learn and follow published policies.Responsibilities
- You will Lead the production and distribution of monthly customers invoices
- Ensure billing is in accordance with contractual pricing
- You will utilize appropriate methods to account for revenue
- Adapt processes and practices to promote efficiency and to support business objectives
- You will prepare journal entries accounting for revenue, accruals, bad debt reserves, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
- You will be assigned special projects and ad hoc analyses (revenue flux reports, accounts receivable and bad debt analyses, customer account adjustments, etc.)
- Assist with other aspects of the revenue process: pricing updates, invoicing, resolving customer disputes, etc.
- You will find root causes of billing adjustments and implement processes to eliminate such adjustments
- Collaborate with internal partners: product developers, sales, and other internal functions
- Develop expertise in all aspects of the billing and accounting processes: systems, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc.
- You will investigate and resolve billing and financial issues
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or finance; work experience may be considered in lieu of education
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Analyze large amounts of data and present conclusions and observations to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and project-management skills: plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment
- Meet deadlines within a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Creative problem-solving skills: collaboratively contribute new ideas and solutions to address business challenges
- Utilize technology to solve problems
- Proficient user of MS Word and Power Point
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- SQL and other database experience is a plus
- Payment-industry experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.