Senior Software Engineer (REF6870H) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Tokenization Services (VTS) is part of the Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. Tokenization is a key pillar of Visa’s digital future, allowing innovators to develop new payment use cases where a traditional card simply is not viable (IoT, Contextual Commerce, etc.,).
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team in VTS Singapore
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance, build and provide Quality Assurance for our solutions meant for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, developing test cases, automating test cases and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your team’s code going to production in just a few weeks and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
Note that this role will have a strong and primary emphasis on Quality Assurance for features developed and bugs fixed within the team. But since our team as well as our group works under the principles of a common engineering model with both development and testing expertise, you may also be expected to contribute towards certain development tasks from time to time.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Contribute towards developing new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
• Develop test strategy, test cases & functionally test features end-to-end, to ensure optimum quality of solutions.
• Automate testing using proprietary Visa frameworks as well as other open-source / commercial tools to achieve maximum test coverage.
• Take up the role of a QA Lead for newly developed features & carry out testing efforts such as functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, bug tracking etc.
• Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions.
• Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution.
• Periodically rotate into the role of Scrum Master to lead agile, scrum teams for a given sprint.
• Actively participate in meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with a team player focus, with an ability to hone leadership skills over time and work as a mentor to junior team members.
• Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
• Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
Your background will ideally include:
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically, candidates are expected to have 4-6 years of experience working in a technology company on Java and related technologies. Experience in delivering Quality Assurance for enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products is strongly preferred.
We want our Senior Software Engineers to do much more than just write code and perform manual and automated testing. You would be expected to bring in expertise that include:
• Solid Experience in technologies including JAVA, J2EE, REST, ORACLE, LINUX and more.
• Good Knowledge and Experience in various testing methodologies such as functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, penetration testing & performance testing is necessary.
• Solid Experience in test automation using frameworks such as Selenium, etc. is a must have.
• Exposure to tools like JMeter, SoapUI is good to have to carry out QA tasks.
• Exposure to Spring Framework and Hibernate is good to have. Understanding the workings of an MVC Framework like Spring MVC, Struts, etc. would also be nice.
• Strong foundation expected in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis.
• Prior experience with n-tier web application testing is required. Experience in latest / older JDK and understanding of how major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX, etc.) work is important; Technical certification a Plus.
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY) is required.
• Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
• Experience working with a variety of Application Servers and Databases (At least Tomcat, Oracle or equivalent).
• High level understanding of multi-threaded concurrent programming, non-blocking IO, etc. is an added Plus.
• Familiarity with common application security vulnerabilities and how to overcome them (OWASP) is a Plus.
• Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development is required.
Our engineers do more than just write and test code:
• We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
• While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
• You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
• You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
• You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!