Staff Software Engineer (REF6869A) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Tokenization Services (VTS) is part of the Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. Tokenization is a key pillar of Visa’s digital future, allowing innovators to develop new payment use cases where a traditional card simply is not viable (IoT, Contextual Commerce, etc,).
We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team in VTS Singapore!
Staff Software Engineer
As a Staff Software Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance and build our solutions for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, reviewing code and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your code going to production in just a few weeks and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
• Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions
• Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution
• Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of secure payment solutions
• Lead agile, scrum teams
• Lead and provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers
• Lead meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills along with a team player focus
• Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
• Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
Your background will ideally include:
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically candidates are expected to have 8+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products.
We want our Staff Software Engineers to do much more than just write code. You would be expected to bring in expertise that include:
• Solid Experience in technologies including JAVA, J2EE, REST, ORACLE and more.
• Good Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate is a must-have. Any additional experience with a MVC Framework like Spring MVC, Struts, etc. is a Plus.
• Strong foundation in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis.
• 4-6 years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in latest JDK and earlier releases. Must be able to articulate experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX, etc.); J2EE certification a Plus.
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY) is required.
• Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
• Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (At least Tomcat, Oracle or equivalent).
• Good understanding of multi-threaded concurrent programming is needed. Experience with non-blocking IO is an added Plus.
• Experience integrating with asynchronous messaging systems such as MQ Series and Apace Kafka is a Plus.
• Familiarity with common application security vulnerabilities and how to overcome them (OWASP) is a Plus.
• Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development is required.
• Hands on experience writing automated test cases is desired.
Our engineers do more than just write code:
• We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
• While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
• You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
• You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
• You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!