Staff Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems, building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills, interacting with product office, defining architecture, establishing coding best practices and advancing agile maturity.
- Design and develop custom applications and reporting using .Net/Java framework, C#, REST Services, AJAX & JQuery.
- Able to participate in all phases of a project development life cycle from Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Documentation, Standard reviews and Maintenance support.
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product requirements by working with PMO, Architects, Product Owners and other stakeholders.
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert in all the platform capabilities and adapt to fast changes.
- Develop and adapt to common industry best practices for product development.
- Work independently and be part of peer reviews for implementation of new features.
- Bachelor’s or Master`s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with software design, architecture and development life cycle.
- 3+ years of C#, .NET and or Java programming experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Service development using REST, JSON, XML, AJAX, HTML 5 & CSS.
- Passion for learning architectural and design patterns.
- Experience with one or more database management tools like DB2, SQL Server, Impala, Hive, MySQL, T-SQL, PLSQL.
- Knowledge of tools like Jenkin, Splunk, JIRA, TFS, wiki, etc.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with senior business and technical IT management.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.