Director, Experiential Marketing Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position repots to the Vice President, Japan Marketing with the planning and execution of experiential marketing strategies for the Visa brand and products centering around Visa’s sponsorship properties, working closely with the Japan marketing team, internal functions, and external venders & partners.
Develop Visa’s experiential marketing strategy and build up the experiential marketing team with displaying thought leadership internally and externally.
- Develop and implement the experiential marketing strategy and manage the implementation.
- Build capability advantages for the experiential marketing team to deliver compelling experiential marketing activities, placing experiential marketing at the center of direct target communication and continually improving effectiveness
- Act as a thought leader and advisor by leveraging consumer & customer insights, experiential marketing opportunities analysis, and research results analysis to generate actionable insights which you will present in senior level country management meetings
Deploy Visa’s experiential marketing strategy across Japan in order to maximize the value and reach of global & local sponsorship properties and the impact of events & experiential promotions.
- Work closely with all elements of the Japan marketing team to ensure the maximization of Visa’s investment in experiential marketing activities across all elements of Visa’s business in Japan (B2B, B2B2C and B2C)
- Ensure that all relevant Japan departments are kept appropriately informed in an efficient and timely manner of all Global & local sponsorship issues
- Liaise with the AP Head of Sponsorship marketing on all related sponsorship issues in Japan
- Communicate and ensure the application of sponsorship management tools and processes and activation best practices across the Japan office
- Work with local teams to ensure that any local sponsorship opportunities are rigorously evaluated (new properties and any renewal of existing properties) so that they provide compelling business rationale for their development.
- Manage key sponsorship property marketing strategies and plans across Japan.
- Ensure all sponsorships and events investments in Japan are aligned with the business financial and marketing & client focus.
Implement integrated campaigns to leverage and integrate Olympics (strong focus on Tokyo 2020) and FIFA sponsorships across Japan business priorities
- Ensure development and communication of all tools required by all Japan departments to facilitate the activation of global sponsorship properties across the country
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of all global sponsorship property activation within Japan (including MROI) and ensure communication of key findings to senior management
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
This position reports to Head of Japan marketing in Japan. The candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization in Japan and regionally, within AP with a dotted line to the head of Sponsorship Marketing AP. Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of the organization.
- Ability to recognize potential issues as they arise and escalate appropriately
- Strong financial and relationship management skills.
- Project management experience and able to work as part of an extended Global sponsorship team.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well with colleagues, senior management and customers.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability work and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Experience in activating sponsorships or partnerships in the digital space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasive and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required/advanced degree preferred
- Significant work experience in a blue chip retail or service sector organisation. Financial services experience would be advantageous
- Significant experience in sponsorship marketing with a strong bias towards delivering successful domestic and international sponsorship marketing programmes.
- Demonstrated track record in the development and implementation of integrated campaigns as well as marketing consultancy and agency management
- Experience in communications strategy and planning
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels with all stakeholders
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, hands-on, growth orientated work environment
- Must be self-confident and able to think on their feet
- Strong personal motivation and commitment
The ideal candidate must also exemplify the following competencies:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer focused (internal and external), with the ability to build effective organizational relationships
- Results focused, and organizes and works to achieve business goals that are aligned with Visa’s Strategy
- Financial industry knowledge and an understanding of Visa’s businesses are a plus.