Associate Dispute Analyst (Dispute Resolution Analyst)
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Support Services (CSS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products & services globally, CSS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including: Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s DPS, Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviewing claimant spend-patterns, transaction data, available online data, and leveraging knowledge of industry fraud trends to determine if claim is valid or fraudulent.
- Assessing claimant eligibility for access to affected funds during the dispute recovery process in accordance with US consumer laws.
- Reviewing evidence presented and leveraging Visa’s dispute resolution management rules to determine the validity of each claim and its potential for recovery.
- Utilizing Visa’s chargeback process to attempt recovery on behalf of Visa DPS’ Issuing Clients, ensuring that chargebacks are submitted in accordance with Visa’s International Operating Regulations, and that all required evidentiary and technical conditions and requirements are met.
- When chargebacks are challenged by the opposing party via a representment, review the new evidence to assess its validity and either resolve the claim or counter-challenge the representment through Visa’s pre-arbitration, pre-compliance, arbitration, or compliance process.
- Analysts will manage all complex dispute types, primarily non-fraud claims.
- Non-fraud claim submissions without approval are capped at $1000 per claim until proficiency is demonstrated.
- 5 years’ experience working in a merchant acquiring, card issuing, or back office banking environment, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a dispute resolution management or loss recovery role.
- Detailed knowledge of Visa’s International Operating Regulations, industry trends, and industry best practices.
- Detailed knowledge of US Federal regulations E and Z
- A proven track record for making sound decisions based on available evidence, managing both short and long-term goals, and achieving high quality operational results.
- Qualified individuals will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are exceeded.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to occasionally work off hours to support the global team