Head of Consulting - MENA
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Head of Visa Consulting MENA and Head of Portfolio Management in CEMEA is a key leadership position in both the CEMEA Visa Consulting team and the Visa MENA team. The role involves
1. Leading the MENA Consulting team, the largest regional Consulting team in CEMEA, and one of the largest in Visa globally. As a business leader, they will be personally responsible for delivering project revenue in 2018, with very significant growth planned in subsequent years. They will lead a large team (currently 12 strong) of experienced consulting professionals developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa’s largest clients in MENA. Consulting engagements will include portfolio management, cards and retail business strategy, digital strategy and risk management.
2. Leading the Portfolio Management Service Line for CEMEA. This role includes providing deep domain expertise, acting as the Quality Partner to provide advice and support to other regional leads serving clients across CEMEA, focused on the full customer lifecycle. They will have significant hands-on experience of implementing best practices for Acquisition, Usage, Retention, Attrition and Loyalty, leveraging client and network data, across all relevant products and channels, including Digital.
3. Consulting Practice leadership including building deeper domain expertise across the MENA and global VPS teams, standardizing and scaling consulting engagements, and representing Visa Consulting capabilities in key client sales discussions.
4. Talent development and coaching, including a demonstrable track record of leadership in an equivalent role, supported by evidence of leadership skills and the development of high potential individuals and teams over several years. Visa Consulting has an outstanding record in encouraging diversity and accelerating career growth within Visa, and this will be a critical factor in the future success of the team.
We are looking for motivated, analytic individuals with a track record of building a strong consultative team in a complex, multidisciplinary and diverse environment. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships, both with clients and across the Visa organization. They should have significant previous experience of leading teams in both consulting and card portfolio management, preferably at a senior level in a consulting firm or the equivalent level in a bank or other organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of high performing consultants
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful consulting engagements
- Grow the revenue from consulting services offered to clients from the existing $5m base to support the global and CEMEA VCA growth strategy
- Lead the development of the Portfolio Management service line across CEMEA, including sponsorship of VCA data-driven Solutions and acting as Quality Partner to review and provide support for major projects outside the MENA region.Provide support and cover for the head of CEMEA Consulting, and support the wider team in implementing the CEMEA VCA growth strategy
- Managing simultaneous client consulting engagement teams including initial client sales, problem disaggregation and planning, and quality assurance of final deliverable
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations through the analysis of client data that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, product, marketing and innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resource
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- As a portfolio management expert, provide knowledge sharing, coaching and training across teams and/or regions
We are looking for a leader with deep payment and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements and develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting client ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Deep expertise in portfolio management and understanding of our clients business
- Understanding of critical factors in driving profitability and growth for Visa's issuer, acquirer and merchant clients
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in management consulting and/or payment businesses. This should include key leadership roles with direct P&L responsibility for consulting projects.
- MBA preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have significant payments and consulting experience.
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and evidence of coaching and talent development for high performing teams
- Willingness to travel across MENA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.