Ecosystem Data Security – Sr. Director
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Position’s PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
• Lead team responsible for management of Ecosystem Data Security’s Third Party Agent programs designed to protect the payment ecosystem and identify opportunities for program improvement.
• Provide subject matter expertise in areas of Risk Management, Data Security and Compromise Mitigation.
• Develop and manage policies and provide subject matter expertise in the areas of risk management, data security requirements/best practices as well as data compromise event mitigation to support Ecosystem Data Security program management.
• Drive Visa strategy on management of Visa Ecosystem Data Security compliance programs and promoting Visa’s data security best practices.
• Engage with and manage relationships with key Visa stakeholders, including clients (acquirers and processors), merchants, agents and payment software providers and other payment industry representatives serving as key point of contact for all issues related to Ecosystem Data Security Programs.
• Participate in and facilitate internal and external working groups to ensure proper participation in Visa data security initiatives.
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to drive Visa’s security and risk initiatives and deliver a comprehensive plan to secure cardholder data and drive down risk within the payment system.
• Identify and analyze emerging data security risks and trends and providing recommendations for policy and procedure changes as necessary to mitigate related threats.
• Contribute to and coordinate Ecosystem Data Security communication activities, including but not limited to, VBN article publication, webinar hosting, supporting client events from budgeting, logistics, meeting publication deadlines, creation of presentation materials, public speaking, etc.
• Develop materials, best practices, standards, policies and procedures for issues related to emerging technologies affecting the payment ecosystem as necessary to support global clients in mitigating associated risks.
• Prepare reports, briefings and other communications for Risk executive management team on GPSR issues affecting clients, merchants, third parties and the overall payment system.
• Provide regular reporting to key internal groups, including Sales, Product, Corporate Communications, Government Relations and Legal on Visa data security programs
• Represent Visa on external data security and standards groups, as necessary
• Participate in other Global Payment System Risk initiatives as needed
• Explore and implement innovative approaches to monitor data security of Visa clients, including use of external performance and risk indicators
Key measures of success for this position will be global adoption and implementation of Visa’s data security programs, secure acceptance technologies and ultimately the prevention of significant cardholder data compromises.
• Strong leadership, communication skills and experience a must.
• Direct experience in executing data security programs or security consulting, preferably related to compliance.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• 5+ years experience in information security, risk management, data security compliance, payments and/or acquirer/issuer fraud reduction programs.
• Excellent interpersonal, management and negotiation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are also required.
• Detail-oriented and with a working knowledge of statistics and Excel/Access applications.
• Capable of leading meetings, delivering presentations and comfortably interacting with all levels of Visa management.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative and operate effectively as a team player. Excellent time management skills are required.
• Experience working with a major payment card acquirer, issuer and/or financial regulatory agency a plus
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business, economics or public policy preferred Master in Information Systems, MBA or other related masters degree
• Proven track record of successfully managing global operational programs within the payment industry and/or regulatory environment
• Ability to keep pace with demands of business by anticipating problems, proffering appropriate solutions and providing the leadership to effectively implement change
• Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach common problems
• The ability to pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.