Director - Enterprise Risk Management Planning, Reporting, and Communication
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a uniquely designed role that requires leadership, analytical, training, and communication capabilities all rolled into one. The first aspect of the role includes supporting key Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) initiatives, primarily by assisting in all aspects of Planning and Reporting. This role will support initiatives that have visible implications to the overall organization and require a cross-functional perspective, therefore, broad collaborative leadership capabilities is a must.
The second aspect to the role includes assisting in the development and implementation of a Risk Training/Communication program, primarily by collaborating with the leadership body to design and deploy solutions in support of improving employee risk awareness, support the organization’s ability to protect Visa, train risk champions throughout the organization and more. As a key influencer, this role requires the vision and passion to create and nurture impactful value-add campaigns, events, and programs.
• Support delivery of transparency of risks, emerging events, and trends to management, committee, and board in a timely manner
• Help maintain consistency in all functions within ERM to enhance decision-making and organizational performance
• Act as liaison between business and risk, regulatory governance, compliance, and auditors to help develop a common language and approach to risk management
• Assist in special projects and initiatives that vary from strategic initiatives to day-to-day operations
• Support the design, build and management of a framework for monitoring overall enterprise risk organizational health, bringing together the insights and perspectives from each of the various disciplines to provide a comprehensive and integrated “state of the business” assessment
• Co-develop metrics and performance/risk indicators for management reporting/dashboards that provide business intelligence and program performance visibility that is focused on the quality and comprehensiveness of risk awareness, tracking, monitoring, etc.
• Synthesize findings and provide consultative analysis and insight to make broad business as well as focused process improvement recommendations to evolve and expand the program
• Assist in integrating tools for repositories of information to coordinate and simplify metrics, reporting and presentations for various oversight committees
• Partner with management to develop and manage ongoing and ad hoc analysis and reporting
• Co-develop executive committee presentations, associated summaries and back up materials for required program reporting
• Assist in the overall execution of the training strategy through various means such as awareness campaigns, training/communication, program/project management, program enhancements, etc.
• Ensure communications align with objectives and reach all locations with multi-generations, diverse set of employees, and those with risk and non-risk backgrounds
• Evaluate ways to drive efficiencies and streamline the training program and reporting to align with overall strategy
• Collect timely data to support business initiatives through focus groups, surveys, town halls, one-on-one interviews, and other methodology; evaluate and apply the data to support decisions
• Partner with HR and leadership body to establish productive communication lines and rapport to ensure transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of campaigns, events and programs
• Undergraduate degree required with 8+ years of progressive experience in the payments services or financial industry
• Moderate understanding of regulatory requirements for financial institutions in both US and Europe
• Exceptional project management and reporting skills. Strong proficiency with project management tools (i.e., Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint)
• Strong skills in summarizing, packaging, and presenting data to assist executive management in assessing options and decision making
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Strong innovative and creative solution development and deployment capability
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to management and staff
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer
• Possess a demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to perform well under significant enterprise-wide pressure
• Proven ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
• Experience determining when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
• Advanced level of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.