Director of Engineering, Global Commercial Payments
- Austin, TX, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa is one of the top 50 Most Admired Brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visulization
Director role will cover the Payemnts business globally; the role will focus on strategic initiatives and support vertical leads on major project and client projects. The Director will lead the development of defining the business model
The position will be based at Visa's Austin Office.
- Directs and manages a diverse team of engineering professionals performing research, development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for VISA’s Global Commercial Payments portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Own & Drive the end to end development effort for on-time, high-quality, highly scalable technical solutions that meet the product vision. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
- Manages Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Passionate about Commercial Products and find opportunity in product line to enhance and expand commercial business
Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end to end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
Understand client experience and drive strong client focus.
Innovate and design new technologies like Blockchain based payments, AI and Machine learning initiatives for Commercial Payments
Build analytics that provides deep insights into engineering efficiency; developer velocity; operational and support efficiency and service quality.
Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- 8-10 years’ experience in strategy consulting, a product organization, investment banking or in payments
- Business development, partnerships, alliances or relationship management skills helpful
- Experience in leading projects and working with senior management
- Payments or technology industry knowledge very helpful
- Analytical and strategic acumen
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas
- Ability to become a thought leader
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- MBA a huge plus
- Candidates having Industry experience between 8-12 years are ideal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.