Intern (MBA) - Finance
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and roducts that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional. The payoff is that the Summer Intern will have direct access and exposure to senior management and will participate in the analysis, execution, and presentation of key project or financial results and recommendations for Visa Leadership.
- Provide insight into business drivers and performance
- Storyboard and execute analytical outlook and communication materials for
leadership; Identify and communicate main implications from analysis
- Prepare financial review packages including variance, scenario, and sensitivity
- Lead project, execute and develop a set of recommendations for a key business
- Meet and engage business stakeholders to refine project scope and approach
- Identify focus areas, perform analysis and execute project
- Develop overall project presentation, recommendations & next steps
- Collaborate and build partnerships across Finance and Business unit teams
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to look at business drivers, options
for decision making and to make recommendations
- Jointly develop in-depth business cases for investments
- Understand stakeholder needs to identify opportunities to introduce new tools and
improve analysis used for decision making
- B.S. or B.A. in technical field (Accounting, Finance, Engineering, etc...) with at least 5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- MBA from leading business school
- Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives
- Strong business acumen for linking operational and results
- Collaboration and leadership skills for the development, coordination, implementation and satisfactory completion of a deliverable
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with rapidly changing environment and reprioritization of tasks.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.