Managing Director - Network Processing Communications (REF7387Z)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers.
Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
As a Managing Director in Network Processing Communications, you will lead a high performing and motivated team that is in the documentation forefront of Visa products and services that includes, but not limited to Visa digital such as mobile payments, e-commerce, and money transfer for external and internal Clients. You will be responsible for managing staff across different geographic locations. The role will be based in Austin and may require some domestic travel.
- Manage the Service Activation team in the Network Processing Communications organization. Ensure successful delivery of Visa documentation for external Clients such as Financial Institutions, partners, and vendors, including internal Visa staff worldwide. Manager will be responsible for delivering high quality and on-time documentation on Visa products and services.
- Work regularly with management to align expectations and deliverables. Provide management leadership for the Service Activation team.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, includes Systems Architects, Software Engineers, Project Managers, Business Partners, and Client Support staff to ensure multi-system technical requirements, and/or implementation and testing requirements are fully developed and documented for Visa Business Release Enhancements and Visa products and services for Clients and Client Support staff. Ensures that all impacts to external Client systems, including all implementation and testing requirements for Clients and Client Support staff are accurately documented.
- Proactively support on-time delivery of Client documentation for the Visa Business Release Enhancements to ensure that the SSAE 18 audit item is successfully met.
- Build and manage strong relationships with both Business Partners and Technology teams.
- Interface with technical and non-technical staff for smooth and successful delivery of all project work.
- Organize and prioritize Service Activation team workload in order to meet delivery deadline.
- Work closely with staff to design solutions that meet business requirements.
- Continue to evolve, enhance, automate delivery of documentation to maximize performance and meet business requirements.
- Manage staff across different geographic locations and ensure team performs at the highest standard. Coach and manage staff’s performance and career goals.
- Manage forecast, resource capacity, and assign projects to staff.
- Collaborate with other team members to produce high quality documents.
- Review staff documentation deliverables for accuracy.
- Support the semi-annual Visa Business Release process by serving as a technical contact and providing support in the Command Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 10+ years of experience in the technical publication field.
- Strong experience in managing documentation deliverables for complex projects and systems.
- 10+ years of strong people management and leadership, includes employee development and establishing career goals and performance metrics.
- Motivator and leader working with various teams to solve challenging problems. High-impact manager with record of accomplishment of executing and driving results in a collaborative and thoughtful manner.
- Ability to prepare and present project ideas and proposals to senior management.
- Strong technical leadership experience managing large-scale documentation work with cross-functional teams from different geographic locations globally. Understand various development methodology, including Agile, RUP, and Waterfall.
- Experience in capacity planning, forecasting, cost benefit analysis, and performance tracking and measurement.
- Strong knowledge of publication software and solutions.
- Strong leadership for building and growing first class technical writing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand complicated business requirement and facilitate internal discussion to create conceptual architectural solution and high level sizing estimate.
- Payment industry knowledge preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.