Director, Business Intelligence Data Services
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Lead, manage, and develop an advanced Business Intelligence and Analytics Data Services team that will partner with product organizations in developing the future state of BI platforms and information products at Visa. This position will execute integral parts of a company-wide strategic vision to consistently leverage data, tools, and applications for adoption of data, and critical business decision making within Visa and its partners. Team building, stakeholder management, and player/coach skills are essential to deliver business results. Takes an informed view to anticipate new trends and customer needs; and find new and innovative ways to solve complex challenges as the team implements its internal and external BI & Analytics initiatives.
- Lead a team of Data architects and engineers in the BI & Analytics organization.
- Define, enhance and influence the Data Architecture to support Visa’s internal BI and Analytics platform that ensures self-service, business agility, and ease of use for end users
- Manage the development and operationalization of Data Virtualization, Semantic Layer, Data Governance, Data Marts, and other platforms in an Agile development culture
- Collaborate with Product Management organization and influence roadmap
- Manage vendor relationships and technology partnerships
- 10+ years of full-stack data architecture experience including 3+ years of experience in leadership & management roles with increasing responsibility
- Experience (hands-on included) with data warehousing, data virtualization architecture, metadata, governance and data modeling concepts, and enterprise software products in this space
- Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team
- Great communication skills and managing stakeholders across business units
- Experience in, and appreciation of Agile development methodology
- Experience with BI technology, such as MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Direct experience with Hadoop distributions, including Cloudera and Hortonworks is highly desirable
- Experience leading company-wide BI or Big Data programs, business-acumen, and technical expertise in data space, self-service analytics, and data governance processes
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
- Patents and other proofs of past success in creating IP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.