VDP DIGITAL SOLUTIONS DESIGN & DELIVERY DIRECTOR
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a member of the Digital Solutions team, the Director will be responsible for the design of digital solutions using Visa’s APIs and the commercialization of the Visa Developer Platform with clients and partners. This client experience oriented role will be a unique combination of technology architecture and client facing relationship management skills. This role will develop a deep working knowledge of payments API technology and solution selling.
The successful candidate will be a solution seller and technologist who can ideate with Visa clients to discuss API solution sets and provide advice on how to integrate APIs with clients’ systems. This role provides expert advice to business leaders and developers who want to use Visa’s services – understanding the client’s business problem or market opportunity, helping them find the right APIs for the job, showing them how Visa APIs work and what they do, and helping the client define the architecture of their products. This role will also be responsible for consolidating CEMEA’s requirements based on client feedback and coordinating with the global team on product roadmap.
This role will have a critical role in the development and localization of VDP assets, including sales decks, case studies, API pricing, etc.
The candidate should not be afraid to get hands-on with technology teams or deep-dive into user flows with clients. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The role will require leading complex technical discussions and will span multiple teams, projects, geographic locations, and time zones
Visa is looking for self-starters that are thought leaders with a proven track-record of success in fast-paced payments technology environments with demanding timelines.
- Become the ultimate Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all APIs in CEMEA
- Responsible for running education as well as deep dive workshops with clients for developing digital payment solutions leveraging Visa’s APIs
- Lead solution architecture design discussions with clients and align with global product team as needed
- Able to identify relevant APIs based on client problems as well as explain in details how Visa’s APIs function
- Coordinate resolution of issues and design of new solutions with the global product team
- Track progress on projects’ implementations and act as first line of support for product related issues
- Support co-creation sessions in the innovation center and work with clients post these sessions on product development
- Apply Visa’s Human Centered Design approach in building client digital solutions
- Support management of project pipeline and driving the client engagements as per opportunities pipeline
- Disseminate VDP and API knowledge across CEMEA
- Responsible for coordinating the localization of VDP material including case studies, sales deck, API pricing, etc.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining client driven product requirements for CEMEA, and communicating priorities to global
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve program goals and develop trust with stakeholders
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility
- 12+ year track-record of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. An MBA/MS is a plus
- Have deep knowledge and passion around emerging payments technologies and their potential to change commerce. Think like, communicate with, and inspire business leaders and developers to build their new products using Visa APIs and SDKs. Familiar with Human Centered Design approach
- Have a strong engineering or architecture background focused on Web technologies, APIs, and machine-to-machine communication over the Internet.
- Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams or deep-dive into user flows with clients.
- Be as comfortable working with an institutional developer at one of Visa’s large banking clients as with a developer at a payments startup.
- Highly collaborative, bringing a structured approach to client engagements and documentation, employing moderation and facilitation skills.
- Be conversant in the predominant programming languages used by our target developer communities. Be equally at home in SOAP/XML as you are in REST/JSON.
- Disciplined approach to client engagement management and reporting.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills.
- Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to deal with projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts.
- Great time management and a passion for making commitments happen. Collaborative approach in order to seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Complex and varied workload, required to support multiple ongoing implementations and sales processes
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed