Business Optimization Analyst
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Support Services (CSS) organization, the Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers and merchants.
This role will support the creation of analytic insights about client performance and help deliver findings from those analyses to external and internal stakeholders. Prior to completing an analysis, this role will formulate and source the necessary datasets from internal tools and platforms.
Specific activities may include:
• Providing analytical support to a combination of external Visa clients, colleagues in the analytics team, and other internal stakeholders with varying degrees of analytical and technical expertise
• Understanding the root problem, defining objectives and formalizing data requirements for various analyses
• Combining and analyzing disparate data sources and deriving insight in a Big Data environment
• Comparing client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity
• Assist in the presentation of complex data and content to clients in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner
• A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience working in analytics or related field
• A 4 year college degree in a quantitative field
• High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills required
• Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is a plus
• Advanced Tableau skills are highly desirable
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
• Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
• Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus