Sr Program Manager, Program Governance & Controls, MAPPD
- Foster City, CA, USA
Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAPPD) is a globally-distributed division of over 700 team members within Visa’s Technology & Operations organization. We are the innovation engine behind the payment management platforms, CyberSource and Authorize.Net.
The Senior Program Manager, Program Governance & Controls, is responsible for ensuring that MAPPD’s programs and projects are funded, planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. Further, he/she ensures the right audits and controls are in place to reduce risk. Responsibilities will include program oversight and governance, audit support, and controls, resource and financial planning and management, risk management, compliance with program management methodologies and best practices. Additionally, this role will lead select improvement and engagement initiatives. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-based product development environment. He/she will be a program management leader who embodies Visa’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
• Ensure that each program and project consistently complies with Visa’s Project Management Methodology (PMM), Key Controls, and internal and external audit requirements and standards, as well as industry best practices.
• Collaborate effectively with Visa’s Technology Planning & Business Operations function in the Office of the EVP of Technology & Operations in providing MAPPD’s executive-level updates on program status, risks and issues using Clarity and other tools on behalf of the program teams. Ensure that the content and format meets the high standards and tone appropriate for business and technology executives. Collaborate effectively with MAPPD’s Finance Business Partner to forecast, report and present program financials to the MAPPD Leadership team. Allocate and forecast MAPPD resources for each program using the Clarity tool based on input from Rally, program and resource managers and in alignment with the Work Force Plan. • Provide consultation, support and coaching to program teams in the effective management of programs and financials based on the best practices established in our playbooks, Visa’s program management methodologies, and industry best practices.
• Collaborate with program teams to maintain and store meticulous records of project artifacts, program financials, issues, risks, decisions, and schedules, etc., ensuring each program is prepared for audits by external or internal auditors at any time.
• Serve as an escalation point on program management practices for program and project managers, product owners, and development managers budget, purchase requisitions, risks or issue management, etc.
• Determine requirements and standards, implement, and maintain divisional and program document repositories and systems to facilitate cross-team, cross-division collaboration using SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
• Provide program management and operational support to select MAPPD engagement programs and meetings, including ACE recognition programs.
• Provide backup support to other program managers or the team’s manager, as required, as a member of a close-knit team.
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in directly relevant program/project management roles in technology portfolio and program management, business analysis, planning and operations, and/or related functions. Proven experience leading and managing complex, cross-organizational technology programs, and projects is critical, preferably in a scale Agile development environment. Directly relevant experience in a Program Management Office (PMO) at Visa or in a larger, leading technology, payments, and/or financial services company is highly preferred. Knowledge of Visa’s annual planning, financial management, sourcing and procurement, internal audit, compliance, and related technical and business processes based on prior Visa experience would be helpful.
• BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Computer Science,Engineering, Business or related fields. MS/MBA is a plus. • Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is strongly preferred. PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM),Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC), Certified Stanford Advanced Senior Program Manager (SAPM), and/or Lean Six Sigma certifications also preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of program and project management methodologies and best practices, software and product development lifecycles (SDLC/PDLC) required. Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define and document new or improved portfolio and program management processes, templates and tools, and create a wide variety of reporting mechanisms for leadership, stakeholders, and team members. Demonstrated understanding of process improvement programs and processes, with experience driving them successfully within technology organizations highly preferred. Some background in “operational excellence” and/or Six Sigma helpful. Prior experience preparing for and participating in various external (e.g., FFIEC) and internal audits, working with internal risk, compliance, and business continuity teams is highly preferred.
• Highly proficient written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Highly skilled in the creation of presentations, new reporting mechanisms and other documents. High level of attention to detail, including the ability to assess, and synthesize large amounts of content and data related to program status, issues, risks, dependencies, and schedules and distill it in crisp clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives.
• Highly developed analytical, strategic-thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint) required.
• Working knowledge of Clarity PPM and Agile Application Lifecycle Management and development tools including Rally, Confluence Wiki, and JIRA strongly preferred. Some experience serving as administrator of such tools would be helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.